All-Star Mumps Exposure At Nca 2018

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

If I ever get mumps and measles, I might die because when I had the MMR vaccine as a baby, I almost died...
Thank god I didn't compete at NCA this year

Most kids are vaccinated against mumps as part of MMR. I know, there might be babies and those who can't be vaccinated who have been exposed, I hope everyone is ok!

I saw a woman with a tiny 6ish pound newborn outside our warmup room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most kids are vaccinated against mumps as part of MMR. I know, there might be babies and those who can't be vaccinated who have been exposed, I hope everyone is ok!
It's a big concern, even beyond those who cannot be vaccinated and might have been exposed. No vaccine is 100% effective. Vaccinated people CAN get infected, and then take that infection home, especially if they haven't had booster doses in a while. The incubation period can be up to a month, so they may be exposing people and not realize it.

Something about Dallas and cheer. Same thing happened last year at 4 cheer comps in the Dallas area. Never heard about anybody contracting it though.

I saw a woman with a tiny 6ish pound newborn outside our warmup room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It is hard for me to imagine a situation in which taking a tiny newborn to NCA is in any possible sense of the word, a remotely good idea.

It is hard for me to imagine a situation in which taking a tiny newborn to NCA is in any possible sense of the word, a remotely good idea.
Breastfeeding, no one else to watch the baby, mom and dad both want to watch their other kid perform...there are three right off the top of my head. I know these because my almost 7 yr old has been to every comp of his sister's since he was born. :)

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

i just dont understand the new found ideas of not wanting to vaccinate kids these days.

Although yeah, vaccines dont always work in general sometimes. Ive got the chicken pox, twice when i was a kid. Yes twice, which is extremely rare with or without a vaccine, and that was before all the hoopla of people not wanting to vaccinate their kids. Flu shots i always found pointless, have had it numerous times both as a kid and an adult and was vaccinated every year while in school.

i still plan on getting my future kids vaccinate regardless when that time comes.

If your kid is running a fever and looks like a chipmunk, then it's time to worry.

There was also exposure at ACA in Fort Worth. I don't now why it wasn't on the news like NCA but we got an FYI at work from the local health department.
I am 100% for delayed vaccines for NICU graduates or spacing them out other babies. I can't get on board with this new fake news idea of vaccines being the devil. They don't cause autism...period and stop. There was one study done by a physician that was eventually forced to rescind his paper and give up his medical license. There is no mercury in vaccines or thermosil. Yes, there are preservatives but don't lecture me about the crap in vaccines while you shove a Big Mac down your throat.
I really hope that whatever kid was sharing their mumps with the group wasn't around any immunocompromised or young babies.

If I ever get mumps and measles, I might die because when I had the MMR vaccine as a baby, I almost died...
Thank god I didn't compete at NCA this year

The vaccine and the actual virus are two different things and cause different reactions. More then likely you had a reaction to all the additives in the vaccine.

There was also exposure at ACA in Fort Worth. I don't now why it wasn't on the news like NCA but we got an FYI at work from the local health department.
I am 100% for delayed vaccines for NICU graduates or spacing them out other babies. I can't get on board with this new fake news idea of vaccines being the devil. They don't cause autism...period and stop. There was one study done by a physician that was eventually forced to rescind his paper and give up his medical license. There is no mercury in vaccines or thermosil. Yes, there are preservatives but don't lecture me about the crap in vaccines while you shove a Big Mac down your throat.
I really hope that whatever kid was sharing their mumps with the group wasn't around any immunocompromised or young babies.
You are referring to Dr. Andrew Wakefield and a court of law in Britain determined that the authors were falsely accused of fraud and the study was in fact factual and was reinstated. He also never stated the vaccine caused autism. His study found that the majority of autism patients had bowel disease and suggested further studies be completed.

Back