Music

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Nov 26, 2011
Where do you guys get your music? Do you buy it custom, pre-made or do you just mix it yourself? How long are your mixes? What is your general budget when it comes to music?

I mix ours. Usually I do about 4 teams a year. It saves a ton of money that we would rather use for comp fees or tshirts. What's nice about Rec is there isn't a need for voice over or too many sfx. This year I have one 51 second song and one 43 second one for my team. The others are about te same times as well.

Our music comes with our choreography- 2:30 of music with voice overs and sound effects- Its not complete yet, grr but hopefully it sounds good. Years ago I mixed music for our game team using ACID - it was a lot of work. but back then they made the 1/2 time routine to the music and I didnt have to worry about the 8 counts or anything.

Where do you guys get your music? Do you buy it custom, pre-made or do you just mix it yourself? How long are your mixes? What is your general budget when it comes to music?

I have no budget. We are not given any money to spend on music. In the past I had a dad that was a dj that made the mixes for me, this year, I begged my BIL who is a musician to help. I had 42 seconds for my first stunt portion and 1 minute even for my second dance portion. We usually do stunt - cheer - dance.

I get my muic from someone that I met on here and I would never go to anyone else. I have gotten my music from him the last two years and the first year we had 2:30 and this year we did 1:30 - it is custom and I have never had a problem ! We dont have a budget however we obviously cant spend 600 dollars on music ! We have gone to 2 competitions so far and both times the score sheets have said they loved our music so good job to @PullandPray23 :)

Back