High School My High School Cheerleading Team Has Pretty Much Dissolved... Help?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 11, 2010
So, this year I am not allowed to do allstar cheerleading and I have nowhere to turn to cheer because our high school cheerleading team basically dissolved this year. I was looking for advice on starting it back up? I have no idea where to begin but want to get it done! Thanks :)

is there a coach? if not you could try and talk to you athletic director and try and find one? also i know alot of hs teams that go to allstar gyms for tumbling and to get help from those coaches so maybe talk to your old gym for something like that?

Like Mattiemill said start really with your athletic director. You have to have a coach to practice so you could either find someone from an all star gym to coach or even a past cheerleader that graduated a few years ago to come. (Look through the past yearbooks in the library.) Just start holding open gyms once you have the supervision to try and get more kids to come in and get interested. In the past I had my all star gym come to a past school I coached at and we held an assembly and just threw stuntings and parts of our routines to show kids what cheerleading really is now a days and not just girls in skirts that yell on the sidelines. Our tryouts went from 20 kids to 150 kids. It was great!

Back