High School My Team Question

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 6, 2022
I am on a JV team and seeking some help. None of my teammates like the sport and are miserable. I feel the need to step up and talk to my coach but don't know how. They feel unheard and are frustrated that stunts are not hitting. What should I do?

If the team hates the competitive aspect of cheer, that's a problem. When it comes to feeling unheard, that can mean a plethora of things, some very warranted, and some more a mentality of "me and my wants and feelings" instead of a team mentality. You would have to define what "unheard" means to this team.

My oldest's All Star coach was, also, her HS's JV competition coach. Even though my daughter wasn't on the HS team she was very aware the team had no desire to be competitive. They enjoyed cheering at games, sitting around making banners, posters, and talking at practices. After a couple of months, the AS coach went to the school coach and asked who wanted this team to be competitive, because it definitely wasn't the cheerleaders. He wasn't giving up on them, he was listening to them, and they just didn't want to be competitive cheerleaders. Could this be the case?

Back