Nacp The Tryout "rules"

Discussion in 'Tryout Information for Allstar Programs' started by Mamarazzi, May 10, 2013.

1. dawgshow

dawgshow Slow your roll, Sparkle. National Champion

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    That really made me LOL! Might have to watch it this weekend.

2. tumbleyoda

tumbleyoda Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    Every Suzie's mom I ever met never believe that they are a Suzie's mom. They only think they are advocating on the behalf of their child - how they do it is irrelevant to them.

3. SheCheers

SheCheers Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    I always say: The fine line between Susie's mom and sane mom is self awareness.

4. notyourcheermom

notyourcheermom Slow your roll, Sparkle. National Champion

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    Don't worry @tumbleyoda, we confess our SM moments in the parent section. We know we slip and SM on occasion, too, but we TRY, try, try to stick to the NACP rules for the most part. I always try to emphasize to CP no one's fault in her stunt group, next time, don't blame each other, four work as one, yada, yada, yada, but if I feel like I'm not getting my paid for private time, SM comes straight out of me. And we love the few coaches who are also in the parent section, too, and give us great insight to both sides. (Also our veteran moms and dads who have been through the levels and at this for years) One such coach pointed out that if we're trying to attempt to coach from parent room, it's like we don't trust the coaches to do their jobs. (obvious to y'all. Oh, I didn't think about it like that to me, anyway.)

5. 12stepCheermom

12stepCheermom Best Parent and Grammar Teacher '14 National Champion

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    Just glad you got the reference! :chestbump:

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

6. momma2mycheerprincess

momma2mycheerprincess I'm an announcer on CBS for Worlds (or should be)

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    Don't question you child's placement or another childs....if you can't trust the gym and coaches to put together the most competitive teams that they can, then maybe you are in the wrong place!!

7. THEJOEL

THEJOEL I have my own cheer message board

Shimmys Received:
    Twitter:
    Thejoel1313
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    At least share the good stories with us!! :)

8. cheerinatorXdad

cheerinatorXdad Best Flyer.. on a parent team

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    As a parent, thou shalt not spot your child on anything, especially if you have never done the skill.
    Thou shalt not learn a new skill in the front yard.

9. cheerinatorXdad

cheerinatorXdad Best Flyer.. on a parent team

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    Thou shalt not get yourself all worked up over tryouts this weekend when thou CP remains cool as a cucumber...........EVEN IF her standing tuck is not automatic and you don't think they spent enough time on it this week's class.....thou shall remain calm....... EVEN THOUGH tryouts are closed to parents this........oh Lord, I'm gonna need a valium Saturday.

10. mstealtoyou

mstealtoyou Moderator Staff Member

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    I'm seriously considering transferring to Top Gun...at least 1 of my best friends is there too!!! LMAO

11. 5-6-7-8

5-6-7-8 I have my own cheer message board

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    YES!!!!! (Sorry I just felt a measly little shimmy wasn't enough!). Where's the glitter?

12. Cray_Z_CheerMom

Cray_Z_CheerMom Best Flyer.. on a parent team

Shimmys Received:
    Kik:
    3Girls2Many
    Twitter:
    Cray_Z_CheerMom
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    And if your friend is going to a new gym, don't talk bad about them. There is no rule that says you can only have friends on your own team...

13. Sassy'sMom

Sassy'sMom They call me Susie

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    Thou shalt take into consideration the ages/social maturity level of the athletes before putting 9, 10, 11 year olds on a Jr team with 13 & 14 year olds... Way different social level there and there will be tears throughout the season.

Thou shalt warn all parents and athletes about posting inappropriate comments, pictures, etc. on ANY social media. Our gym issued a stern warning, which was apparently needed after last season. on that note....

Thou shalt monitor your CP's social media accounts because "I didn't know Suzie was posting half naked pictures in her team shirt or badmouthing other programs" isn't going to save your CP from being suspended or booted from the gym.

14. cheermuse

cheermuse When all else fails.... I shimmy

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent

Cant :shimmy: this enough. I like to call these parents "designer cheer parents". I watched our last gym over the past 8 years go from just having that one DP to about 15 and gym has dwindled down over the years. went from total of 200 kids (between 2 locations) to now just 1 location, to struggling to keep 100+ kids. This was not the only reaon, but these DP caused gym to lose a lot of kids. Those parents who left, felt gym owner no longer had control of gym.

one DP sticks out out of all the others. Lil Suzie was a flyer, with level 3 tumbling, beautiful flyer in the air. Mom felt because she booked every stunt slot a month in advance and every tumble class and had standing privates twice a week this would buy lil susie a front spot in every aspect of routine. Even went as far as whining to coach after day 1 of choreo because lil Suzie was standing in the back with 7 other athletes. she ASSumed she was not being utilized in the routine, when in fact choreographer was working on spacing...again coach/gym owner did not nipped this in the bud, all kinds of craziness continued with this DP. She broke the cardinal parent rule, "blatantly interrupting practice by proceeding to open gym practice door & walking on floor during practice and demanded her daughter to come out of practice"

15. CheerAunt

CheerAunt Cheer Stalker

Shimmys Received:
    Kik:
    angahd
    I am a(n)...:
    Fan
    :eek: behavior like that is just ugly....and God don't like ugly.