High School Nationals

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 27, 2009
Has anyone had any experience with the following competitions?

1) Cheer Ltd at Canam
2) US Spirit Championships Ultimate Nationals
3) COA Ultimate Nationals
4) AmeriCheer Internationals

This is the first time my team has ever received a bid to Nationals, we are still waiting on the school for approval; but these are the four I have it narrowed down to (with the schedules of everyone on the team). Any advice? Pros/Cons? Any information is greatly appreciated! We are from MA.

Last edited:
Cheer Ltd at Canam has a decent school following, I also think Americheer does. Pull all of the scholastic score sheets to get an idea of what fits your routine/program.

Is US Spirit the one at Universal? If so, I think almost every school in the high school division at that competition is from Massachusetts. I'll be honest - none of the comps you listed is a true high school Nationals - the high school division is tiny at these and you may even be the only team in your division. NCA and UCA obviously are the most competitive. If you don't want to do either of them then I think Reach the Beach (ACDA is the EP I think) is the biggest/most competitive from what I have seen in the past of the "all star EPs with and added high school division" but it still isn't very big. Congrats on your bid and good luck wherever you decide to go!

Is US Spirit the one at Universal? If so, I think almost every school in the high school division at that competition is from Massachusetts. I'll be honest - none of the comps you listed is a true high school Nationals - the high school division is tiny at these and you may even be the only team in your division. NCA and UCA obviously are the most competitive. If you don't want to do either of them then I think Reach the Beach (ACDA is the EP I think) is the biggest/most competitive from what I have seen in the past of the "all star EPs with and added high school division" but it still isn't very big. Congrats on your bid and good luck wherever you decide to go!
I second Reach the Beach if you want to actually compete against someone. The divisions are typically stacked with 8+ teams.

I second Reach the Beach if you want to actually compete against someone. The divisions are typically stacked with 8+ teams.
Yes, cp's HS team has done that one the past few years (it was one of the few NYS sanctioned ones). I believe that had 5-7 teams in their division last year.

Have you looked into Cheersport Nationals? It's been a while since I've followed the school divisions, but they used to have a pretty good turnout in the high school divisions. I've also heard good things about Jamz (maybe Vegas?) but I have no experience with it personally.

Sorry I can't help with the ones you listed.

Have you looked into Cheersport Nationals? It's been a while since I've followed the school divisions, but they used to have a pretty good turnout in the high school divisions. I've also heard good things about Jamz (maybe Vegas?) but I have no experience with it personally.

Sorry I can't help with the ones you listed.

Unless I just couldn't find it in the performance order, two or three years ago, they didn't even have a high school teams how up. To be honest, if I was going to deal with that level of chaos and the expense of hotels in downtown Atlanta, I'd just go to UCA.

Yes it is! Thank you for the input! We originally wanted to do Dallas, but with the time crunch, fundraising and the routine re-work that will have to be done, it would be a bit tight. Hopefully we can keep the streak alive and possibly attend NCA next year!

It always amazes me that all the MA teams go. If you are going to go to a "National" comp go to a real one where you are really going to compete Nationally! Doesn't make a lot of sense to incur the expense to travel to Florida to compete against the same teams you just competed against locally. At least not to me anyway! Glad our coach chose NCA this year. The girls may not have gotten the outcome they wanted but they can at least say they competed against the best teams in the country.

Update: will not be bringing my team to Nationals this year due to conflicts and time constraints. I had a very young and talented team this season so I'm hoping we can grab that bid again next season, start planning early and hopefully attend NCA!

Update: will not be bringing my team to Nationals this year due to conflicts and time constraints. I had a very young and talented team this season so I'm hoping we can grab that bid again next season, start planning early and hopefully attend NCA!
Not too familiar with the situation, but always better to make the smart decision. Nationals (any of them) take year round planning. Good luck next season as you work towards your nationals goal!

Back