All-Star Nca 2016 Youth 5 Preview

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Looking forward to seeing Cheersport, MD Twisters and World Cup! Does this mean that CEA and ECE aren't going? Do all of the youth 5 teams ever go all head to head?
ETA-ECE

Last edited:
I don't think CEA's Y5 is doing NCA.

I don't think they ALL compete against each other because most major comps (NCA/Summit/etc.) split Y5 into Small + Large.

Saw this on the way home from Indy today! Great video, great kids, tiny tiny division.
It appears that at no time this season will all the Y5s meet up at the same comp. I'm also waiting to see what happens w combining small/large at NCA - Twinkles are the only large attending.
Has there ever been an NCA division with only one team??

Super 5 will end up competing against all other Y5s! Of their potentially 10 competitions there are at least one other Y5 in 8 of them.

Saw this on the way home from Indy today! Great video, great kids, tiny tiny division.
It appears that at no time this season will all the Y5s meet up at the same comp. I'm also waiting to see what happens w combining small/large at NCA - Twinkles are the only large attending.
I think Woodlands Elite large mini 2 last year might have competed against no one at NCA. I only remember this because it stuck out to me that they didn't combine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe ladykatz last year were alone in a division at NCA.

Has there ever been an NCA division with only one team??[/QUOTE

I think Woodlands Elite large mini 2 last year might have competed against no one at NCA. I only remember this because it stuck out to me that they didn't combine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Woodlands Elite Aviators - Large Mini 1 did not compete against anyone last year.

Last edited:
RE: division splits. EP cannot split a division into large and small unless there are at least two of each. The only exception is if a gym is bringing two teams in the same division, from the same location, and one is large and one is small- then they can split out one of them into a division alone.

Example: ABC Elite from Dallas is bringing small mini 2 and large mini 2. Their large mini 2 is the only large team and all other mini 2 teams are small... They can still be split out into a division alone.

This is in the age grid, but isn't necessarily very easy to read because of all the clarifications.

Back