All-Star Nca 2017

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Couple of questions for this board:
1. Does anyone know or recall the price to park a car at the convention center during NCA 2016?
2. Since it is stay-to-play, does the gym provide the Connections Housing coordinator with a preferred list of hotels, does the coordinator just designate a block of rooms at any hotel from the list, or is there room to negotiate?

I believe parking is $20 a day. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

On your second question, Connections Housing negotiates deals with hotels and that's who you will find on the list and why the list is always having hotels added.
That being said, about three years ago, I did contact them about a certain Fairfield Inn our team wanted to book and the lady was really nice and tried to get a contract with them but it didn't work out. I'm not sure whether someone could still call and ask for them to try to contract with certain hotels or not but three years ago you could. :)

Couple of questions for this board:
1. Does anyone know or recall the price to park a car at the convention center during NCA 2016?
2. Since it is stay-to-play, does the gym provide the Connections Housing coordinator with a preferred list of hotels, does the coordinator just designate a block of rooms at any hotel from the list, or is there room to negotiate?
Parking at the convention center is around $20. Last year I was able to find parking just a couple blocks down the street for free though.

Those saying teams with the longest NCM history get Omni, my team travelled to NCA for the first time in 2012 (I think?) and stayed in Omni...
Unless things were different back then

When I looked the other day you can get the Omni, but it will cost you $499 a night, 4 night required stay, and max of 2 people.

When I looked the other day you can get the Omni, but it will cost you $499 a night, 4 night required stay, and max of 2 people.

So over $2000 with tax... that cost more than some people's tuition for the entire year. :jawdrop:

Regardless of feelings on STP, the minimum nights are something I don't understand. Just because NCA has extended the nights of their competition doesn't mean the individual needs to be there for the entire four days. I should have the option to only attend for the days I am competing.

The has probably been asked before but do they and how many employed people does it take to check every single athlete and where they stay?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The has probably been asked before but do they and how many employed people does it take to check every single athlete and where they stay?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Housing Connections checks. They really do. Not sure if it's just random checks or not, though.

Housing Connections checks. They really do. Not sure if it's just random checks or not, though.
Yes, they do check. CPs team had to scramble one year because they were not considered in compliance and were among several teams that were apparently at risk of being disqualified due to non compliance.

STP is how the EP gets rebates AKA kickbacks. There is no need for it, the EP can sign a hotel contract guaranteeing a certain number of room nights in order to get comp or discounted space at the convention center.
I can't say specifically for Dallas, but I know that many municipal convention centers require proof that an event is bringing money into the area before they will book the center. And for an event like NCA which involves the entire convention center, there would need to be proof that it is a 'citywide' event. The best/possibly only way to prove that is by tracking the number of hotel rooms used by attendees.

i honestly think STP is the dumbest thing ever and the fact that they would disqualify a team for not staying in an expensive hotel is shady to me. if you pay the entry fee, and im sure plenty of other fees that go along with attending NCA etc. i think its sad that a company would do that to a gym/team.
Worlds doesnt do this correct....

Okay.....time for me to be "that newbie" and ask the more than likely obvious question... What is STP? Sorry if it was already explained a few posts ago, I tried to scroll through and didn't see it.

Okay.....time for me to be "that newbie" and ask the more than likely obvious question... What is STP? Sorry if it was already explained a few posts ago, I tried to scroll through and didn't see it.
Stay to Play. You must stay in one of their chosen hotels in order to participate in the competition.

Stay to Play. Some competitions force you to stay in certain hotels in order to compete at the competition. And sometimes the hotels aren't cheap, and in some cases the close ones sell out and people are forced to stay like half an hour away. My team went to Pacwest in Portland Oregon and there was a girl who couldn't afford the close hotels and was forced to stay in Vancouver WA. Sucks.
And i know some competitions have "exemption" or "special circumstances". I believe if your team is within 60 or 90 miles you don't have to STP. There are exemption forms for people who have family in that area.
At American Showcase in Anaheim my dad got the cheapest hotel he could find through STP and then we just booked a Disneyland hotel and didn't even show up to the STP hotel.

Back