Nca 2017

Discussion in 'NCA' started by UCFKnights07, Dec 31, 2016.

1. Bella's mom

Bella's mom Last Pass... on International Open 1

Shimmys Received:
    Twitter:
    Mugglenurse
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    I agree completely. We even had a parent who got into the exhibit hall without an armband. She did get one, but she walked in and out several times before she was able to get over to buy one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. luv2cheer92

luv2cheer92 Moderator Staff Member Bracket Winner Video Curator

Shimmys Received:
    Web:
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete
    I was only ever asked to show my shoe tag twice the whole weekend, both times when I was in uniform. Sunday and Monday I had on my jacket, but had leggings/jeans on and was never asked.

3. CheerBank

CheerBank Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    We were checked every time we went into the Arena. If I'm spending $50 - cash - on admission I want them to check everyone every single time.

• Shimmy Shimmy x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. oncecoolcoachnowmom

oncecoolcoachnowmom Bestest Newbie '14

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    PSA, please do not assume that everyone who is acting in a way that is socially unnacceptable or in a suspicious manner has Aspberger's.

• Shimmy Shimmy x 7
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  5. Bella's mom

Shimmys Received:
    Twitter:
    Mugglenurse
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    I did get checked every time I went to the arena. I also got my armband checked when I went to the main hall after coming inside. But never bags.

6. hschoolfearleader

hschoolfearleader Cheer Stalker

Shimmys Received:
    Kik:
    United States
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete
    I dont see how that post is considered creepy? I mean he is older maybe he has no real family to come home to, and just wishes for that. Idk idk my take on this wholle tim thing is yeah it rubbed me the wrong way when they had posted he asked an underage girl for a pic in her uniform. But honestly he seems like a nice guy. we honestly dont have proof besides what people have said. Im not defending him or letting him go free, but we have no proof of his allegations. Also it sucks bc his "daughters" are now being harassed.

7. CheerBank

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    Out of real curiosity, what about him makes him seem to you like a nice guy? And why did you put "daughters" in quotes?

8. hschoolfearleader

Shimmys Received:
    Kik:
    United States
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete
    Personally its bc im not a parent so ig i dont have that motherly protection over someone ??(that probably sounded dumb i didnt know how to word what im trying to say). And i havent really looked at his page but when i did a long time ago i would only see him doing giveaways and see everyone (Small gyms, athletes) receiving shirts so i assumed he was just a giving person. (keep in mind this was a while ago) and i put daughters in "" bc i digged deeper into him being "Exposed" last night and found out the girls he says are his daughters arent actually his daughters.

9. Bella's mom

Shimmys Received:
    Twitter:
    Mugglenurse
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    I think that may make it worse that his daughters aren't really his daughters. Mom's over the years have learned to listen to our motherly instincts. If something sounds wrong and fishy, it probably is. I wouldn't want a strange man to pm me as an adult, let alone my 12 year old daughter. It's ok to be giving, it's the way he went by doing it. That is not ok.

10. CheerBank

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    It doesn't sound dunb and I think that is the root of the disconnect between his minions who are still passionately defending him (I'm not saying this is you) and us parents.

I read his posts. I heard stories about him from people I know and trust. I had two red flag interactions with him on twitter, one on the main board and one in DMs. I watched him pace the hallways at Majors and how he stood in the back of the Meet and Greet the next morning, trying to blend in as a parent but nervously watching the athletes as if he was a starstruck teen fan instead of an adult male who was attending a cheer competition without his own daughters. I warned my cp about him months ago, even showing her a picture of what he looked like because I knew he was planning to attend most of the comps her team would be at and I wanted her to stay far away should she see him in person. I was glad when she told me she blocked him when he followed her on twitter a few weeks ago.

No adult should be messaging children, some as young as 12, to meet with them for shirts and to pose for pictures. He shouldn't be tweeting them like he is their teen friend and reposting pictures of minors calling them flawless. He shouldn't be coordinating scavenger hunts at a cheerleading competition where girls are running around looking for him with prizes. His stories changed multiple times about why he was really collecting cheer uniforms and other cheer items, ranging from selling them to benefit kids and gyms to one day wanting to open a cheer museum.

I don't know how old you are - I'm assuming you're in HS based on your board name - but if you told your parents about this person, what do you think their reaction would be? I would hope they would want to protect you from the Tim Radigans of the world. And if they won't, I will, along with many other parents on the board and in cheer.

11. hschoolfearleader

Shimmys Received:
    Kik:
    United States
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete
    I honestly never thought of it this way, your totally right! i've really only noticed his giveaways and such but your right he shouldnt be messaging underage girls and just waiting for them at comps without parents, ik my parents would be very upset

12. hschoolfearleader

Shimmys Received:
    Kik:
    United States
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete
    when i searched for his so called daughters i noticed they all have the same last name, so im assuming he's either the step dad, uncle, or cousin to them. but overall if you search his name on twitter you'll find so many people talking about how they arent his real daughters. This whole thing is quite odd

13. UCFKnights07

UCFKnights07 Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Retired From Cheer
    im really curious as to what his connection to allstar cheer is. His youtube account has been around since last years nca, and he has videos from all the major level 5 competitions, majors, champions league, cheer alliance, and a good chunk of worlds and summit video from 2016. I cant imagine him just being a super fan, and spending that amount of money to attending all of these competitions.
    But it could be possible, plenty of other sports, the WWE, etc have super fans that go to great lengths to attend as many events as possible, so its definitely not unheard of.

14. Cheer Dad

Cheer Dad Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    His original connection to cheer is his daughters. They both did all stars. Only 1 of his kids was cheering this year but was injured and unable to finish the season.

15. CLynn

CLynn I named my pet Sir Fierce-a-lot

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    You sound very young and sweet...this is precisely why those of us who are parents (and some who are not) are alarmed. I am not accusing him of anything specific, but his being kind and generous helps you feel sympathy and feel bad saying no.

Take a look through this site Red Flags of Child Predators  - Building Stronger Families -protecting children against sexual abuse.

Again, not accusing him of anything. But similar behaviors, and enough to justify him being banned from these events imo.