Small senior 3
Xsmall senior 4
Small Senior 4
Medium senior 5
Large IOC 5
Special needs
Small youth 1 prep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Wow that's a lot! What team is your daughter on this year? Also, what's the difference between your x-small and small youth 2 and senior 4 teams. Is one stronger than the other or is it an even spilt?

Wow that's a lot! What team is your daughter on this year? Also, what's the difference between your x-small and small youth 2 and senior 4. Is one stronger than the other or is it an even spilt?

My daughter is on J5R!

And they are evenly split one isn't better then the other. But comps will split them long as it is atleast 2 in each division.

My daughter is on J5R!

And they are evenly split one isn't better then the other. But comps will split them long as it is atleast 2 in each division.

That's so exciting for her! Good luck this season :) Thanks for answering about the small/x-small thing. I was curious about how gyms with both in the same level were going to handle things.

We are bringing 18 teams from stars vipers

Xsmall Tiny 1
Xsmall Mini 1
Small youth 1
Xsmall youth 2
Small youth 2
Small youth 3
Small Junior 2
Small Junior 3
Large junior 3
Small Junior 4
Small Junior 5R
Small senior 3
Xsmall senior 4
Small Senior 4
Medium senior 5
Large IOC 5
Special needs
Small youth 1 prep

I thought that the x small division was only for worlds teams and did not extend into the lower levels .

It is for all levels, 1-5.

Is this at the EP's discretion? Because I don't see it on the USASF Age Grid posted on their website. There is a disclaimer at the bottom of the grid that says a further split of Small may occur into XSmall and Small. But will all EP's have this option?

Is this at the EP's discretion? Because I don't see it on the USASF Age Grid posted on their website. There is a disclaimer at the bottom of the grid that says a further split of Small may occur into XSmall and Small. But will all EP's have this option?
It is one of the optional splits available to EPs, but it is not a required split. But if there would then be 2 or more teams in each division after the split, I don't see why they wouldn't do it. Some smaller comps will probably not have the split and just have x-small and small teams together, but larger comps will likely have the divisions split.

It's also gonna take me a while to get used to there no longer being "large" divisions in 1-4. I completely get why they did it, but it's going to be weird to see.

It is one of the optional splits available to EPs, but it is not a required split. But if there would then be 2 or more teams in each division after the split, I don't see why they wouldn't do it. Some smaller comps will probably not have the split and just have x-small and small teams together, but larger comps will likely have the divisions split.

It's also gonna take me a while to get used to there no longer being "large" divisions in 1-4. I completely get why they did it, but it's going to be weird to see.

So no more Large divisions? Please explain.

So no more Large divisions? Please explain.
For Levels 1-4 and 4.2, event producers must split each level into two divisions:
Small (5-22 team members)
Medium (23-30 members)

Event producers may choose to further subdivide into three divisions when there are at least
two teams that will remain in each division:
X-Small (5-14 team members)
Small (15-22 team members)
Medium (23-30 team members)

You can envision scenarios where the numbers justify an X-Small division (5-14 team members) and a separate Small/Medium division (15-30 team members).

For Levels 1-4 and 4.2, event producers must split each level into two divisions:
Small (5-22 team members)
Medium (23-30 members)

Event producers may choose to further subdivide into three divisions when there are at least
two teams that will remain in each division:
X-Small (5-14 team members)
Small (15-22 team members)
Medium (23-30 team members)

You can envision scenarios where the numbers justify an X-Small division (5-14 team members) and a separate Small/Medium division (15-30 team members).

Got it! Thanks.:shaka:

Back