All-Star Nca 2018

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

so Canadian and UK teams cant get bid?
Level 6 International Open teams were not able to receive Paid Bids this year at NCA. Although they could receive At Large Bids. That includes U.S. Teams. Level 5 International Open teams were able to receive Paid Bids. There is no distinguishing U.S. versus foreign teams when it comes to the Bids. Level 6 teams were also unable to be declared Grand Champion. If I were to speculate, I think we can anticipate a change to these rules at NCA in the future. I know that they intend to at least address this matter in the future.

Level 6 International Open teams were not able to receive Paid Bids this year at NCA. Although they could receive At Large Bids. That includes U.S. Teams. Level 5 International Open teams were able to receive Paid Bids. There is no distinguishing U.S. versus foreign teams when it comes to the Bids. Level 6 teams were also unable to be declared Grand Champion. If I were to speculate, I think we can anticipate a change to these rules at NCA in the future. I know that they intend to at least address this matter in the future.
There IS a difference. Non-U.S. based team cannot be awarded Worlds bids of any kind at a U.S. competition.

If they could, Cheersport’s Great White Sharks would’ve been able receive a full-paid bid this past weekend.

There IS a difference. Non-U.S. based team cannot be awarded Worlds bids of any kind at a U.S. competition.

If they could, Cheersport’s Great White Sharks would’ve been able receive a full-paid bid this past weekend.
The bid declaration for NCA does not exclude foreign teams from receiving bids. And I'm sure I recall Canadian teams receiving bids in the past.

The bid declaration for NCA does not exclude foreign teams from receiving bids. And I'm sure I recall Canadian teams receiving bids in the past.
That's because it's a USASF thing, not an NCA thing so it wouldn't be in the NCA bid declaration. Non-US teams cannot get bids in the US. As noted, if they could, Great Whites would have a full paid bid. And I can say for certainty that as far back as 2011 (how far back the wiki goes for Worlds bids, though it's likely been since worlds started) there have not been any non-US teams receiving a bid at NCA.

That's because it's a USASF thing, not an NCA thing so it wouldn't be in the NCA bid declaration. Non-US teams cannot get bids in the US. As noted, if they could, Great Whites would have a full paid bid. And I can say for certainty that as far back as 2011 (how far back the wiki goes for Worlds bids, though it's likely been since worlds started) there have not been any non-US teams receiving a bid at NCA.

I think 2012 was the last year, as we tried to get one in the US that year. But yes, rules state you must get your Worlds bid in your own country. Ice Queens did get a Full Paid once down in Washington state, I believe, right before the rules were changed

I think 2012 was the last year, as we tried to get one in the US that year. But yes, rules state you must get your Worlds bid in your own country. Ice Queens did get a Full Paid once down in Washington state, I believe, right before the rules were changed

The rules for USASF/IASF Worlds should change to where country is not a factor in bids, finals, or anything else. Teams don't represent their states or countries, they represent their gyms. ICU is a great event for country vs country if you want that type of thing.

The rules for USASF/IASF Worlds should change to where country is not a factor in bids, finals, or anything else. Teams don't represent their states or countries, they represent their gyms. ICU is a great event for country vs country if you want that type of thing.
Agreed. I've always found that rule to be odd.

Just to clarify, he meant U.S. International Open division teams, not teams from anywhere else.

That is a USASF rule, not an NCA rule. If people want to eliminate geography from consideration from USASF/IASF Worlds (bid eligibility, finals, etc) I would be in favor of that. (ICU should remain country vs country.)

Back