All-Star Nca 2018

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

We go to 10 comps all our teams go to the same competitions as we don't split them up, I would only consider 2 competitions small.. 1 of them isn't actually that small just not as large as the others. I see our teams being split at every event but maybe 1. I'm not so worried about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'm terrified to wrangle the NCA experience (hotel, transportation, the actual size of the event, etc) for the first time. My athlete is ecstatic--I'm not so much. New things are hard for me...
It's big, but it's really well-run! It's actually my favorite. Where are you staying? Uber is easy in Dallas. Try to get on a flight with friends from your gym to share Uber or shuttle to your hotel. Try to stay in the hotel that all of your cp's friends are staying in, preferably one with a bar/restaurant! Kids can eat while parents drink. :) Allow plenty of time to get to Center. It will be great! You'll love it!

I'm terrified to wrangle the NCA experience (hotel, transportation, the actual size of the event, etc) for the first time. My athlete is ecstatic--I'm not so much. New things are hard for me...
I didn't find it as crazy as I thought it would be. The drive wasn't that bad, we found parking on the street each day. The venue itself is huge but if u want to c the popular divisions, GO EARLY!

I didn't find it as crazy as I thought it would be. The drive wasn't that bad, we found parking on the street each day. The venue itself is huge but if u want to c the popular divisions, GO EARLY!
Like you, last year was my first. I also found it very manageable but everyone who was an NCA vet said that because of the way the comp was spread out over the two weekends and the four days that it was not as bad this past year as in previous years (where you couldn't even go to the bathroom). It is going back to the old format in 2018 so I anticipate the former craziness.
I enjoyed it last year. We were fortunate in that we stayed at the Hyatt (for location, not for price) and did not need to rent a car. Uber was plentiful for going out to dinner. It was exciting to finally see cp compete at this comp after all of the years of watching the live stream.

Like you, last year was my first. I also found it very manageable but everyone who was an NCA vet said that because of the way the comp was spread out over the two weekends and the four days that it was not as bad this past year as in previous years (where you couldn't even go to the bathroom). It is going back to the old format in 2018 so I anticipate the former craziness.

I enjoyed it last year. We were fortunate in that we stayed at the Hyatt (for location, not for price) and did not need to rent a car. Uber was plentiful for going out to dinner. It was exciting to finally see cp compete at this comp after all of the years of watching the live stream.
I will not be going this year. CP is going with teammates. I saw Dallas and experienced NCA and don't fell like going again.

I will not be going this year. CP is going with teammates. I saw Dallas and experienced NCA and don't fell like going again.
I feel that even though I keep repeating "last season last season last season" I still want to see her compete at every comp I can. Plus we went to an awesome BBQ place last year that I fully intend to revisit.

I feel that even though I keep repeating "last season last season last season" I still want to see her compete at every comp I can. Plus we went to an awesome BBQ place last year that I fully intend to revisit.
Don't leave us hanging! What is the name of the BBQ place?

I grew up in Dallas so I'm excited to go back to Snuffer's, Chuys, El Fenix and my favorite seafood in Texas--S&D's on McKinney Ave. CP has to stay with her team so I'll try to bring Mr Piglet if he can be wrestled away from work and stay with his aunt & uncle. Otherwise, Hyatt & Omni both sound good. I'm guessing rooms are sold out already??

I grew up in Dallas so I'm excited to go back to Snuffer's, Chuys, El Fenix and my favorite seafood in Texas--S&D's on McKinney Ave. CP has to stay with her team so I'll try to bring Mr Piglet if he can be wrestled away from work and stay with his aunt & uncle. Otherwise, Hyatt & Omni both sound good. I'm guessing rooms are sold out already??
Mmm Snuffers!! So excited my town is getting one later this year so I can just go down the street. Probably a bad thing though.

South Austin Elite is bringing our Junior 2 and our Youth 1. So excited to go coaching since I never competed there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back