High School Nca 2018

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 27, 2009
Who is attending? I'm bringing my program (my first and the programs first National trip - very exciting!) Any advice? Suggestions?

My team is 90% sure we're going to NCA nationals! It will be my schools first ever nationals trip so we're all very excited.

We competed Large Advanced Game Day Performance but had an injury the week of the competition and had to pull 4 off of mat and go from 19 to 15 and it's looking like the team will stay competing at 15 the rest of the season.

Does anyone know if I can contact them and have us switched to the small advanced game day division? We were rostered as large but technically competed as a small team.

My team is 90% sure we're going to NCA nationals! It will be my schools first ever nationals trip so we're all very excited.

We competed Large Advanced Game Day Performance but had an injury the week of the competition and had to pull 4 off of mat and go from 19 to 15 and it's looking like the team will stay competing at 15 the rest of the season.

Does anyone know if I can contact them and have us switched to the small advanced game day division? We were rostered as large but technically competed as a small team.

Just make contact with a rep and find out.

You competed large but had 15...

They should have moved your division for the qualifier, or does NCA even require you to qualify at a regional? I don’t know anything about NCA except I don’t like the style. Still, someone has dropped a ball somewhere if you competed out of division unless you had the injury the day before or at the event.

Bids for NCA are given out at their camps or if you do a video entry. It is a bit weird I prefer the competition route for bids.

Just make contact with a rep and find out.

You competed large but had 15...

They should have moved your division for the qualifier, or does NCA even require you to qualify at a regional? I don’t know anything about NCA except I don’t like the style. Still, someone has dropped a ball somewhere if you competed out of division unless you had the injury the day before or at the event.

Honestly I thought the same thing. I told them we had to pull 4 and they said okay, but it wasn't until awards I realized they had left us in large. I just assumed they would move us, and then when they announced awards we were all looking around like :confused::confused::confused:

Honestly I thought the same thing. I told them we had to pull 4 and they said okay, but it wasn't until awards I realized they had left us in large. I just assumed they would move us, and then when they announced awards we were all looking around like :confused::confused::confused:

Well, let me throw this at you...

We qualified for Gameday at UCA in a combined large/super division that included coed and all girl teams. At UCA Gameday, the scoring makes team size, and coed/all girl pretty much a moot point. They split it up further at nationals so the divisions aren’t 60 deep like the other varsity divisions (this would almost require a third day of competition if they didn’t). Maybe NCA is the same way, and you’ll be in a little bit different division at nationals.

Big props to all of the Mass teams who are going!! They can't start practice until the end of August, and many schools choose to go to very small "Nationals" at all star comps where there is little to no competition. Good luck - so many great teams who will represent well!!

Back