High School Nca 2018

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Hope everyone’s having a safe and happy weekend. I’ve been following this comp all weekend even though I’m not really invested in anyone. Always fun to see what United South has to offer even if their prelim performance was a bit shaky. Didn’t seem to matter though since they placed first like they usually do.

Any major upsets? Cinderella stories? Legacy stories worth mentioning?

Interesting stuff, especially on the "NCA is usually all Texas and OK" front:

Looks like Prestonwood did not repeat this year in Advanced open. North Rockland (NY) was the winner there!

I think Bridgewater-Raynham took 1st over Dracut which was also interesting!

See also I think an NJ team won the other advanced division as well.

Looks like Prestonwood did not repeat this year in Advanced open. North Rockland (NY) was the winner there!

North Rockland competes in the same county that I did. Man the crowd would always be going nuts when they performed. Well deserved.

And a hawaiian team won their division and overall grand champs.

It was a great weekend! Not necessarily the performances my girls hoped for, but being our firs time there, I'm very proud! Cannot wait to see what my girls accomplish in the off season, and hopefully we are back at NCA 2019 better than ever!

I saw that Prestonwood did not repeat! I felt bad for them. Their whole music theme was “This will be our fourth title yay!”

And then they got second :(

Yes...BR was 1st in All Girl Medium Advanced! Very excited and happy for them! From 1st to 3rd last year with two nearly perfect routines. 2nd to 1st this year with a much harder routine. Top 4 were ALL awesome! Super impressed with Bixby....not so impressed with their social media posts after the fact though :( . We also had a dad (not sure where he was from) behind us yelling "bullshit" when they announced us...so unnecessary and disappointing. Dracut was great as always and Jenks should have been a contender too but with 20 kids on the floor and only 3 stunts in their elite section they must have gotten killed on the score sheet.

Yes...BR was 1st in All Girl Medium Advanced! Very excited and happy for them! From 1st to 3rd last year with two nearly perfect routines. 2nd to 1st this year with a much harder routine. Top 4 were ALL awesome! Super impressed with Bixby....not so impressed with their social media posts after the fact though :( . We also had a dad (not sure where he was from) behind us yelling "bullshit" when they announced us...so unnecessary and disappointing. Dracut was great as always and Jenks should have been a contender too but with 20 kids on the floor and only 3 stunts in their elite section they must have gotten killed on the score sheet.

I was wondering if your daughter was still on BR! They were amazing this weekend - congratulations! You could tell from their presence on the mat just how bad those girls wanted it!

We were actually on the same flight home and all my girls were "oohing and aahhing" over the trophy & jackets, haha! Maybe it lit a fire under some of my girls to get to work in their off season!

I was wondering if your daughter was still on BR! They were amazing this weekend - congratulations! You could tell from their presence on the mat just how bad those girls wanted it!

We were actually on the same flight home and all my girls were "oohing and aahhing" over the trophy & jackets, haha! Maybe it lit a fire under some of my girls to get to work in their off season!
Awe! Wish I knew!!! I would have said hello :)

It wasn't the best routine for us but we hit 0 both days and got 4th in our division! We were the highest placing colorado team and it was the first year ever that our district has sent a cheer team to nationals! For a team that couldn't hit libs a year ago I am a very very proud coach.

Last edited:
What happen if a team in the division wins an at-large bid but they already have a bid, does it get moved down to the next team in line

What happen if a team in the division wins an at-large bid but they already have a bid, does it get moved down to the next team in line
They won't win a bid if they already have one. If you're talking about Worlds, yes it will get go to the next team in line. For Summit, only division winners will get bids.

They won't win a bid if they already have one. If you're talking about Worlds, yes it will get go to the next team in line. For Summit, only division winners will get bids.
So if first place team already has a summit bid, then that at large bid just goes away?

Back