All-Star Nca 2020

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I know North America is relatively free from the new COVID-19 epidemic regions that have sprung up over the past week or so, but it wouldn’t hurt to practice more frequent hand-washing and reduce face touching.

I’ve never been, but NCA literally draws cheerleaders from all over the country, so just exercise precaution when you can.

I know North America is relatively free from the new COVID-19 epidemic regions that have sprung up over the past week or so, but it wouldn’t hurt to practice more frequent hand-washing and reduce face touching.

I’ve never been, but NCA literally draws cheerleaders from all over the country, so just exercise precaution when you can.

Never forget two years ago when somebody with mumps went to the competition and potentially spread it to all those people. Gotta love germs!

Yes! Also the regular old flu is still going around.

From Cheer Theory:
NCA Nationals 2020 division breakdown! Low-key surprised SOSC6 has the most teams!

SOSC6 - 22
XS6 - 20
XSC6 - 17
SO6 - 15
IONTC6 - 14
SS6- 13
SC6- 13
IONT6 - 10
MC6 - 9
IO6- 9
SOLC6 - 7
MS6 - 6
IOLC6 - 6
LS6 - 5
IOSC6 - 5
LC6 - 4
IGC6 - 4
IOLC7 - 4
IG6 - 3
IOSC7 - 3
IO7 - 2

From Cheer Theory:
NCA Nationals 2020 division breakdown! Low-key surprised SOSC6 has the most teams!

SOSC6 - 22
XS6 - 20
XSC6 - 17
SO6 - 15
IONTC6 - 14
SS6- 13
SC6- 13
IONT6 - 10
MC6 - 9
IO6- 9
SOLC6 - 7
MS6 - 6
IOLC6 - 6
LS6 - 5
IOSC6 - 5
LC6 - 4
IGC6 - 4
IOLC7 - 4
IG6 - 3
IOSC7 - 3
IO7 - 2
Ugh, I remember the days when some divisions had like 50+ teams at NCA. Miss that. Not surprised by SOSC6, that division has been huge since it started, and always seems to be the deepest talent wise.

Ugh, I remember the days when some divisions had like 50+ teams at NCA. Miss that. Not surprised by SOSC6, that division has been huge since it started, and always seems to be the deepest talent wise.
There are way too many divisions now.. even for levels 1-5. It sucks because you want to go to a comp and actually have a decent amount of competition. Too many comps with very little teams.

Wow @ those numbers.

I remember when I think SMCoed would pretty much be running all day in the arena alternating with other divisions.

It does not surprise me at all that Open Coed Small 6 and XS6 are the largest.

It is becoming more and more challenging to field a Worlds team bigger than small within the senior age bracket. The open grid gives people a little more flexibility.

Same reason for XS being so large. I think to max out in scoring you only need like 2 groups doing the most elite stunt. If you're working with an already small number of senior aged level 6 kids, it makes most sense.

Last edited:
There are way too many divisions now.. even for levels 1-5. It sucks because you want to go to a comp and actually have a decent amount of competition. Too many comps with very little teams.
Too many divisions yes but also the D1/D2 split.

As to D2 and D1 splits, I would not be surprised if Worlds eventually splits to D1 and D2 as well.

Think about it, additional avenue for small gyms to earn rings. Additional revenue for the parks and Varsity.

It would not surprise me at all.

Me too!! It’s crazy how only 3 divisions have more than 15 teams competing.

It just seems more rewarding to see your team at the top of a long scoresheet when you win, like a, “Wow, amongst so many teams, we really made it to the top!!”

Back