Nca 2021 Crossover Policy

Discussion in 'Allstar Cheerleading' started by CLynn, May 16, 2020.

1. CLynn

CLynn Best Flyer.. on a parent team

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
  2. Eyes On The Prize

Eyes On The Prize Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Retired From Cheer

Crossover & Level Eligibility Policy

2021 Crossover Policy
    Crossovers WILL BE ALLOWED at NCA All-Star Nationals given the restrictions listed below. These restrictions are specific to the 2021 event only and will be re-evaluated for future years.
    1. Athletes competing in any division may only crossover to another division if that division is within the same level, one level up, or one level down (ex: L2 may crossover to L1, L2, or L3).
      Exception: L4.2 may only crossover to L2, L3, and L4.
    2. Athletes competing in an International division may not crossover to another International division.
      Exception: International L6 and International L7 may cross to each other.
    3. A maximum of 5 crossover athletes allowed per team.
      Exception: L6 Junior teams are allowed a maximum of 8 crossovers. Other teams may only exceed 5 crossovers if they all from a L6 Junior team.
      *NCA reserves the right to extend this maximum no later than December 1st, given the potential future state of the pandemic.
    4. An athlete may not represent more than two USASF standard teams and/or more than one international team. An athlete may represent a maximum of three teams.
      Exception: For L6 and L7, an athlete may represent up to two international teams, but still no more than 3 teams total.
    5. Athletes competing in an All Star Prep division or Novice division are not bound by the crossover rules listed above, but may not crossover to an All Star Elite division.
    2021 Level Eligibility Policy
    All teams must compete in their legitimate level. Teams that move to a lower level prior to attending NCA Nationals are allowed to do so, provided they competed at least once in their new level at a USASF competition prior to NCA Nationals.

Should a team’s Level Eligibility be questioned by another program, NCA will request documentation of that team’s participation at a previous event.

These seem reasonable considering current circumstances. And its not a free for all. I think there needs to be more flexibilities this season for both gyms to build teams and competitions to recoup money. Crossover fees exist and crossing over is always optional. If you can afford two teams, you're welcome to do two teams. In theory, could help take some of the brunt off manditory fees. (They need to get the money somehow - doubtful NCA is going to be as big as it usually is this year.) Plus, helps gyms build teams and find replacements if enrollment numbers are low this year.

I think I'm ok with this. Especially since it's only for a season right now.

3. Atxmom

Atxmom They call me Susie

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    I think I’m ok with most of it given the circumstances. I don’t like 3 though. I think increasing the limit creates an unfair advantage. You could move 8 L6’s onto a small L5 completely dominate that division. I don’t feel that’s competing at your legitimate level.

If it allowed 8 L6 jr crossovers within L6, I could understand that. Is there something I’m not seeing?

4. cheermomforever

cheermomforever Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    It should be that way at EVERY competition for crossovers....

5. CLynn

CLynn Best Flyer.. on a parent team

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    Given my northeast location, I am probably as concerned about next season as anybody can be and actually we are scaling most things back except for NCA, because it is that special. NCA nationals had over 1,000 teams register in 14 minutes this season. If the industry is screaming that making teams is going to be that difficult this season then perhaps a more honest discussion is needed. What are the contingency plans if we get round 2 in the fall/winter? What social distancing measures will be in place for competitions? Can anything be virtual and if so how? What will the refund policy be? The friends I know who are not returning don't want to sink more money into activities that could largely be canceled. And yes, the businesses that will survive this certainly have to adapt and I don't begrudge them changing to try and stay alive. Just hope they are answering the right problem with the move.

• Shimmy Shimmy x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List