All-Star Nca All Star Prep

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

MzLyn23

Cheer Parent
Sep 16, 2014
So with Dallas just about 3 months away I’m curious about all star prep which I believe is Friday. Seeing as it’s only a one day comp, would these teams or better said would the winners of these divisions also get The very much coveted NCA Jacket? If not what would the 1st place team receive. Wasn’t able to find anything on website or maybe just not looking in the right spot.

FYI: I will be posting this on the NCA thread in the comps section just in case anyone sees this twice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So with Dallas just about 3 months away I’m curious about all star prep which I believe is Friday. Seeing as it’s only a one day comp, would these teams or better said would the winners of these divisions also get The very much coveted NCA Jacket? If not what would the 1st place team receive. Wasn’t able to find anything on website or maybe just not looking in the right spot.

FYI: I will be posting this on the NCA thread in the comps section just in case anyone sees this twice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Justin Carrier stated they will be getting a trophy,banner and a different NCA Jacket(not the coveted letterman style). If you have seen the ASP jackets in the past that’s more than likely what they are getting again. I wish it was different because these kids work so hard.

Justin Carrier stated they will be getting a trophy,banner and a different NCA Jacket(not the coveted letterman style). If you have seen the ASP jackets in the past that’s more than likely what they are getting again. I wish it was different because these kids work so hard.

I'm not disputing that they work hard... but the fee for prep athletes is $85 and regular all star is $172. NCA spending less on the winner's gifts makes perfect sense.

Cheersport giving level 5 athletes a better jacket than all other all star levels is BS though... but they all pay the same fee to compete.

I'm not disputing that they work hard... but the fee for prep athletes is $85 and regular all star is $172. NCA spending less on the winner's gifts makes perfect sense.

Cheersport giving level 5 athletes a better jacket than all other all star levels is BS though... but they all pay the same fee to compete.

The new international divisions are only 99$ for registration and getting the coveted jacket soooo...and it’s also only a Friday event

Prep is meant to be a beginner division. It makes sense to me they'd be getting different jackets. Work hard and make a "regular" division team to get the leather jacket. It's kind of the "every kid should get a trophy" argument..

Prep is meant to be a beginner division. It makes sense to me they'd be getting different jackets. Work hard and make a "regular" division team to get the leather jacket. It's kind of the "every kid should get a trophy" argument..

I agree and my kid is on a prep team. I also don't have a problem with level 5 getting nicer jackets. After all they are the elite level.

2b474894c8b6722e1f327af1b27446ea.png

This is the jacket prep has got for the last 2 years, not a great picture but that’s all i have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Maybe, but i wouldnt call a prep l3 a beginnerteam though. I’ll keep that for level 1. There are a huge amounts of teams being offered as prep but working as much and putting in the same amount of season time as regular allstar cheer.
While the majority of prep kids may be beginner, thats not a very good argumrnt to offer “lesser” jackets as a prize. Now getting a different one because its a 1 day event would make sense but dont make it out like prep is “not as good” as Real Allstar and therefor doesnt deserve the regular NCA jackets.
I still dont know what you are complaining about,we get some small trophy at our cheer association nationals, teams here would Love to be able to win jackets.
While the powers that be might like to see it as a entrylevel division, there are so many families being priced out that prep is often the only financially healthy option to get or leave their kids in allstar cheer.

I suspect a better argument is that relatively few Prep teams travel out of area for Nationals, so there is likely less competition. The primary cost difference comes from reduced travel for our Prep teams, anyway. If all the other divisions get teams from all over the USA and some from other countries and prep is mostly teams within a 4 hour drive, that’s a big difference.

Maybe, but i wouldnt call a prep l3 a beginnerteam though. I’ll keep that for level 1. There are a huge amounts of teams being offered as prep but working as much and putting in the same amount of season time as regular allstar cheer.
While the majority of prep kids may be beginner, thats not a very good argumrnt to offer “lesser” jackets as a prize. Now getting a different one because its a 1 day event would make sense but dont make it out like prep is “not as good” as Real Allstar and therefor doesnt deserve the regular NCA jackets.
I still dont know what you are complaining about,we get some small trophy at our cheer association nationals, teams here would Love to be able to win jackets.
While the powers that be might like to see it as a entrylevel division, there are so many families being priced out that prep is often the only financially healthy option to get or leave their kids in allstar cheer.
I was never said anything that indicated I thought prep teams weren't good. But level 3 even I would still consider beginner, a senior prep 3 does not require the same skill as a "regular" senior 3. My point is that this is a "every kid gets a trophy" argument. That's fine if people can only afford prep and they choose that over a "regular" division. Not saying those kids don't deserve to compete but they shouldn't be awarded the same prize as more "elite" teams that do pay more, do harder skills, have longer routines, and generally practice more. It's only opinion.

I always jump in and say this, but prep is not just for beginners. It depends on where you are in the country I guess, because prep teams around here put in just as much work and have a lot of veterans. It is a cheaper option for those being priced out, or in CP's case, the only option the gym provides for a tiny team. I don't think there's a tiny all star team available for her nearby.

Saying "work hard and make a regular division team" is kind of offensive. I've seen plenty of level 1 all star teams that look worse than prep teams.

It makes more sense that prep teams get different jackets because they pay less overall, not because they are beginners.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

The intent of prep is "preparatory" for full year All Star and the level of reward is by design, that's why they aren't handing out World's rings to everyone. There is no need to debate work ethic and skill level of prep versus AS, the reward level is designed solely to make kids want to achieve the next skill level or category of commitment. If kids could earn a Super Bowl ring in pee wee rec, they'd be one and done and moving on to the next sport and award.

I always jump in and say this, but prep is not just for beginners. It depends on where you are in the country I guess, because prep teams around here put in just as much work and have a lot of veterans. It is a cheaper option for those being priced out, or in CP's case, the only option the gym provides for a tiny team. I don't think there's a tiny all star team available for her nearby.

Saying "work hard and make a regular division team" is kind of offensive. I've seen plenty of level 1 all star teams that look worse than prep teams.

It makes more sense that prep teams get different jackets because they pay less overall, not because they are beginners.

I agree, prep is not just for beginners. At our gym we have levels 1-3 prep. CP just started on a level 2 team and those girls definitely do not look like beginners. They are sharp!

We might do full year next season but I'm put off by the cost & commitment. We got used to doing other things than cheer haha.

The intent of prep is "preparatory" for full year All Star and the level of reward is by design, that's why they aren't handing out World's rings to everyone. There is no need to debate work ethic and skill level of prep versus AS, the reward level is designed solely to make kids want to achieve the next skill level or category of commitment. If kids could earn a Super Bowl ring in pee wee rec, they'd be one and done and moving on to the next sport and award.
That may have been the original intent but is not what it is often used for. I disagree that the reward level works that way, otherwise levels would get different jackets.

I was not the first one to bring up skill level either. Just trying to defend these kids who may not have a choice of prep vs all star.

That may have been the original intent but is not what it is often used for. I disagree that the reward level works that way, otherwise levels would get different jackets.

I was not the first one to bring up skill level either. Just trying to defend these kids who may not have a choice of prep vs all star.

I didn't just say skill level, I said "next skill level or category of commitment". There is a different commitment level in prep versus full year all star, and it has nothing to do with work ethic or skill level. This shouldn't be something kids, parents, or coaches should be insulted by, the quality and prestige of an award is designed to keep kids working and wanting the next level of award.

Back