All-Star Nca Allstar Nationals 2018 Updates

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

So what happens if a team does something illegal but doesn’t get the deduction? Whether day 1 or day 2.... Can another team challenge it? Or basically if it wasn’t seen it’s like it didn’t happen? Win or lose?

ETA: sorry just so confused with NCA this year. I have been shocked by some of the scoring, some of the deductions or lack of deductions for many teams... so I’m just curious.... I know that if I have a team get a deduction I can challenge it but if I’m against a team and I see something but don’t see the deduction on the final score sheet, can that be challenged etc....
you can try but as we were told at a comp by EP......"yes judges were wrong. U and another team were scored wrong but theres nothing we can do about it as it will make judges look bad" .

So what happens if a team does something illegal but doesn’t get the deduction? Whether day 1 or day 2.... Can another team challenge it? Or basically if it wasn’t seen it’s like it didn’t happen? Win or lose?

ETA: sorry just so confused with NCA this year. I have been shocked by some of the scoring, some of the deductions or lack of deductions for many teams... so I’m just curious.... I know that if I have a team get a deduction I can challenge it but if I’m against a team and I see something but don’t see the deduction on the final score sheet, can that be challenged etc....

Can you imagine what a can of worm that would open? I've watched teams and saw drops, busts, etc. And they still win or no deductions. Likewise, we've had drops and busts on our team not called. It happened at Cheersport. Our coach told them they were going to have certain deductions and when they got their scores, Hit Zero. It happens.

I don't know if this is what happened, but if you get called for a legality on day 2, they look at your day 1 video to see if they just missed it the day before. If they missed it the first day, they basically penalized you for 1/3 of the points they normally would, so that it affects your final score the same as if it had been called the first day. (NCA is 25/75)

This led us in one odd case to try to prove we had done something illegal in our routine that we hadn't been penalized for.
That must be what occurred. Thank you for the explanation. How funny is tit that you find yourself pointing out yto a judge our own uncaught illegality? Have you also run across an instance where you sent in your routine to have it checked beforehand for illegalities. They say it's good to go. But then you get penalized for that same routine at the competition? And if so, how was it handled? Btw, congratulations on a very successful NCA this year. I have always loved watching your teams. They are so clean.

you can try but as we were told at a comp by EP......"yes judges were wrong. U and another team were scored wrong but theres nothing we can do about it as it will make judges look bad" .
One year we won at a competition. On the drive home we got a call to return our metals., that a mistake had been made.

After witnessing NCA award ceremonies in Sr4 & 5, there’s no way I’ll ever find the patience to sit through any other comp’s awards. Ever. NCA is how it’s done. In every aspect. Done and done.
Did you witness the final awards ceremony in the Arena? It took a long time to start the awards. Once they started it went fast. But I swear we waited 45 minutes for it to start. And it was 10:00 pm Sunday night with an early flight the following day.

After witnessing NCA award ceremonies in Sr4 & 5, there’s no way I’ll ever find the patience to sit through any other comp’s awards. Ever. NCA is how it’s done. In every aspect. Done and done.
Idk if Cheersport is still the same but we went once and I remember thinking I wish every comp I went to did awards like this they were quick and militant, and In a complete separate Hall back to back. You got your awards time they clear out the room let you in for your boom bam done, now get out and on to next! It was heaven!

Idk if Cheersport is still the same but we went once and I remember thinking I wish every comp I went to did awards like this they were quick and militant, and In a complete separate Hall back to back. You got your awards time they clear out the room let you in for your boom bam done, now get out and on to next! It was heaven!

Yup it's still like that and runs on time!

To my knowledge, you have never been allowed to challenge someone else's legalities or deductions at NCA. That is a huge can of worms that probably should remain unopened. There are mistakes made with deductions, but more often, there are misunderstanding about what is supposed to be a deduction.

Last edited:
Back