All-Star Nca And The Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jan 27, 2014
Attention Coaches and Owners! (and athletes and parents too)

If you are attending NCA Nationals and are interested in a fun event AND a chance to meet with the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders follow Rebel Athletic and the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders on Twitter as all the details of the event will be shared through social media.

Rebel Athletic (RebelAthletic) on Twitter

Cowboys Cheerleaders (DCCheerleaders) on Twitter

Follow us both and be part of a great weekend!

Out of curiosity, what is Rebel's affiliation with the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders?

We made their practice wear, part of our agreement with them to provide their equipment is to put on these events for up and coming cheerleaders so they can have a chance to meet them in person and get autographs/ask questions. It should be a great time!

We made their practice wear, part of our agreement with them to provide their equipment is to put on these events for up and coming cheerleaders so they can have a chance to meet them in person and get autographs/ask questions. It should be a great time!
I'm sure it will be, but I would not let my daughter attend something like this if even she was going to NCA just as a spectator.
What the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders do in their performances is so far removed from all-star cheer or high school/college cheer that if I suggested we attend this she would look at me like I had three heads. They are much better role models for aspiring professional dancers than for cheerleaders. Now if this was for the Green Bay Packers cheerleaders, I would have a completely different response.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

What the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders do in their performances is so far removed from all-star cheer or high school/college cheer that if I suggested we attend this she would look at me like I had three heads. They are much better role models for aspiring professional dancers than for cheerleaders. Now if this was for the Green Bay Packers cheerleaders, I would have a completely different response.

Love the part that I put in bold :) wish we did stuff like that!!

I'm sure it will be, but I would not let my daughter attend something like this if even she was going to NCA just as a spectator.

Our point dancer from last season - who, admittedly, is a trained dancer as well as a retired all-star cheerleader - will be doing all kinds of stuff for DCC in Dallas this week, before NCA. I dont know if a ton of athletes would fit the needs of that team, but certainly there are some.
All star would be a better place to "recruit" than dance comps, I would think. Their style is nothing like ballet, but has a place for trained dancers.

I'm sure it will be, but I would not let my daughter attend something like this if even she was going to NCA just as a spectator

You wouldn't let her? :( Why? (I know you said she wouldn't want to, but that's different than not letting her...)

I get that DCC isn't anything like allstar, but that doesn't mean they don't draw the same girls/same personality types. My CP is in college now and is trying out for the dance team, not cheer. Why? Because she doesn't want to "cheer". She hates sideline. Loathes it. She just wants to perform. And she fully intends to audition for the Chicago Luvabulls when she turns 21.

So I wouldn't underestimate the draw of something like this. Just because one child isn't into it doesn't mean 10 others aren't. I know Fierce Board lives to cast disdain on the DCC (which I will never understand, considering how much everyone on here hates that "outsiders" don't appreciate cheerleading, despite the look and the stereotypes) , but there are actually people that like them, even in cheer.

I'd go if I were going to NCA. @Mamarazzi if you have a minute, can JAM-on-a-stick go meet some DCC's? :oops:

You wouldn't let her? :( Why? (I know you said she wouldn't want to, but that's different than not letting her...)

I get that DCC isn't anything like allstar, but that doesn't mean they don't draw the same girls/same personality types. My CP is in college now and is trying out for the dance team, not cheer. Why? Because she doesn't want to "cheer". She hates sideline. Loathes it. She just wants to perform. And she fully intends to audition for the Chicago Luvabulls when she turns 21.

So I wouldn't underestimate the draw of something like this. Just because one child isn't into it doesn't mean 10 others aren't. I know Fierce Board lives to cast disdain on the DCC (which I will never understand, considering how much everyone on here hates that "outsiders" don't appreciate cheerleading, despite the look and the stereotypes) , but there are actually people that like them, even in cheer.

I'd go if I were going to NCA. @Mamarazzi if you have a minute, can JAM-on-a-stick go meet some DCC's? :oops:

And I'm sure you're right, there would be appeal for many kids. But no, I wouldn't let mine go although I don't think it would be an issue since I don't think she even knows they exist. From my end, I've read over the years too many things about the DCC and eating disorders/body image issues to attend anything that supports them. I'm sure it's not isolated to them but because they are high profile, this is who I've heard mentioned repeatedly.

And I'm sure you're right, there would be appeal for many kids. But no, I wouldn't let mine go although I don't think it would be an issue since I don't think she even knows they exist. From my end, I've read over the years too many things about the DCC and eating disorders/body image issues to attend anything that supports them. I'm sure it's not isolated to them but because they are high profile, this is who I've heard mentioned repeatedly.

You hear that because they are the most 'recognizable' cheer squad in the NFL. Look at all of the outside work they do off the field with children's organizations and our U.S. military. They are also the most recognized for that.

My family and I are HUGE Dallas Cowboys fans. They have their training camp near where we live and one year the DCC came to do a clinic with local rec cheerleaders so I took my cp who was on one of the teams. Those ladies had so much fun with the kids and my cp loved it! They weren't all dolled up in the DCC uniforms, just had on some comfortable shorts and shirts. They taught them cheers and the girls peformed for the parents.

They really represent their organization well.

You hear that because they are the most 'recognizable' cheer squad in the NFL. Look at all of the outside work they do off the field with children's organizations and our U.S. military. They are also the most recognized for that.

Glad to hear you say that! They are very socially involved, what I love about them (apart from being a HUGE Cowboys fan as that's where I grew up) is that the DCC as an organization doesn't hesitate to use their influence and fame, for lack of a better word, to benefit people around them. We can discuss whether they dance or cheer, but part of being in the world of cheer is inspiring people around you.

Back