All-Star Nca And The Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

This is the problem I have with NFL cheerleaders in general, here lifted from the DCC handbook:

Rehearsals
  • There are 2-5 rehearsals per week before the season begins. You are expected to attend ALL rehearsals.
  • Once the season begins, there will be a set schedule of rehearsals
  • All rehearsals are scheduled in the evenings; extra weekend rehearsals for Show Group and Rookies.
  • Any girl missing a rehearsal prior to a game or show will not be allowed to perform at that game or show.
  • Any Show Group member missing two shows without an acceptable reason will be released from Show Group.
  • CANDIDATES WHO DO NOT FEEL THEY CAN ATTEND ALL REHEARSALS SHOULD NOT CONTEMPLATE BEING A DALLAS COWBOYS CHEERLEADER
  • Rehearsal dress code will be strictly enforced.
Compensation
  • Cheerleaders are paid $150.00 per home game.
  • There is no pay schedule for rehearsals.

Quite a time investment for very little compensation. Unless of course they're chosen for calendars and whatnot, then there are "additional income opportunities."

This is the problem I have with NFL cheerleaders in general, here lifted from the DCC handbook:

Quite a time investment for very little compensation. Unless of course they're chosen for calendars and whatnot, then there are "additional income opportunities."

What's the difference in the time you invest at your allstar gym with no compensation? Plus we have to PAY our allstar gyms! :D I think the perks are the travel they get to do and all of the appearances they get to make.

I feel like most girls probably do it more for the experience than the money.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

What's the difference in the time you invest at your allstar gym with no compensation? Plus we have to PAY our allstar gyms! :D I think the perks are the travel they get to do and all of the appearances they get to make.
The difference is that these women are adults. They are expected to invest quite a lot of time at practices, not to mention all of the charity events, for very little in compensation. I'm sure it doesn't even come out to minimum wage. Unless they choose to participate in the calendars or whatever...

The difference is that these women are adults. They are expected to invest quite a lot of time at practices, not to mention all of the charity events, for very little in compensation. I'm sure it doesn't even come out to minimum wage. Unless they choose to participate in the calendars or whatever...
True and as an adult, that's also something they sign up for. For someone who is young and single, the total 'package' sounds like it would be fun. (I know there are some married and with children). I would think that the majority of these girls aren't going into this for income but more of a fun 'part-time' job to do while going to school or in addition to their actual job.

And where does that experience get you in the world? On their own website, they're denigrated to little more than parts, each to be cosmetically enhanced. http://www.dallascowboyscheerleaders.com/our-secrets/

As a mother, I think it's sad. I guess some may think that it empowers women. Agree to disagree.
Honestly, I'm not sure, but like @CheerMomNTx said, I think most of them do it for a fun part-time job. I watched their Making The Team show last season and a lot of them had other jobs besides being on the DCC or were going to school. But I think if they aspired to becoming a dance coach or owning their own studio some day dancing for the Dallas Cowboys would definitely set them apart! And it could be a good marketing tool to spread word about their studio. I admire how hard they work. I guess agree to disagree :)

And where does that experience get you in the world? On their own website, they're denigrated to little more than parts, each to be cosmetically enhanced. http://www.dallascowboyscheerleaders.com/our-secrets/

As a mother, I think it's sad. I guess some may think that it empowers women. Agree to disagree.
Honestly, I'm not sure, but like @CheerMomNTx said, I think most of them do it for a fun part-time job. I watched their Making The Team show last season and a lot of them had other jobs besides being on the DCC or were going to school.

I don't know how DCC does it, but in order to be on the Luvabulls (Chicago Bulls cheerleaders) you must either be a full time student or have a job. This isn't meant to be a job. It's meant to be something extra. I would think for most of these women they would do it for free. It's the experience that they're after. I don't think my daughter even knows if the Luvabulls get paid or not... But she sure is in dance class every week, getting ready for tryouts that are almost 2 years away. I don't think she cares if she gets paid. She performed once at an arena football game and was hooked. She wants to do it, paid or not.

I think it actually does a lot for "real world" life. Having "Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader" on your resume will absolutely not hurt you, for sure.

I don't know if it empowers women or doesn't - I think it's the same as anything else. It's what each woman makes of it. But it's certainly no more or less empowering than allstar cheer.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Seriously though, I'm putting hours and hours of time into practicing with my team and part-time coaching it plus coordinating practice wear and uniform design, financial decisions and all surrounding organisational tasks ranging from making new team bows or organizing choreography camp to managing our website and facebook. And I get no financial compensation for it. I'm working full time in my job to support myself. Cheer and everything connected to it is just additional.

EDIT: And I'm addicted to "Making the team". I've never thought much of NFL teams, to be honest but watching that show really makes me respect them. A lot!

Well as I always say 'To each their own'! Who am I to judge why they choose to do what they do. It has no affect on my life. More power to them! I don't know of the opportunities it can lead to but I'm sure with all the appearances they do, there are more door open.

I'm sure several women/girls on this board have had something done to enhance their beauty but that shouldn't make them feel less accomplished.

Definitely agree to disagree!

I went to the Eagles Cheerleader page to get some info, as they're not as in the spotlight. A little disheartening when before you can even see anything, there's an "adult content" clickthrough.

I'm sure several women/girls on this board have had something done to enhance their beauty but that shouldn't make them feel less accomplished.

Oh, I'm not above hiding my Sephora receipts. And of course many women work hard on their appearances. But again, I'm not displaying myself on a website, with lines indicating this is where I have my hair done, this is where I have my teeth whitened, this is where I go to the gym, this is where I have my "ahem" lasered.

I'm sorry, I'll shut up now. Sorry for going all Feminazi.

Back