All-Star Nca And The Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Oh, I'm not above hiding my Sephora receipts. And of course many women work hard on their appearances. But again, I'm not displaying myself on a website, with lines indicating this is where I have my hair done, this is where I have my teeth whitened, this is where I go to the gym, this is where I have my "ahem" lasered.

I'm sorry, I'll shut up now. Sorry for going all Feminazi.

I think if we were talking about children or teenagers it would be a different boat. I don't love that they're called cheerleaders, but I respect what they do. DCC appear very upfront about the time commitment, physical, mental and aesthetic expectations. I don't think a girl on the team now would say the were unaware of what they were getting into. They knew they'd be on a website, a calendar, a TV show and aware of their image.

As far as where an experience gets someone in the world....I guess thats up to the individual. I wouldn't get anything from jumping out of a plane, being a hockey player or being on DCC. I get something out of coaching cheer, my fiance from shooting at the gun range. Just because something isn't considered life enhancing to 1 person doesn't mean that someone isn't getting something great from it.

And where does that experience get you in the world? On their own website, they're denigrated to little more than parts, each to be cosmetically enhanced. http://www.dallascowboyscheerleaders.com/our-secrets/

As a mother, I think it's sad. I guess some may think that it empowers women. Agree to disagree.

As a father of a young woman who was DCC for 4 years, I think it is great. I absolutely believe that it empowers women. That opinion is based on seeing it first-hand, not just judging them by their stereotype or whatever page you cherry-picked from their website to take completely out of context.

As a father of a young woman who was DCC for 4 years, I think it is great. I absolutely believe that it empowers women. That opinion is based on seeing it first-hand, not just judging them by their stereotype or whatever page you cherry-picked from their website to take completely out of context.
Your daughter was a DCC? That's awesome!

We are DCC fans! They do so much for the community and military. For those who don't see the "connection" between the two, watch some of their specialty routines...they have full baskets, stunting, and tumbling. They also hold 2-3 All Star comps a year at Dallas Cowboy Stadium.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

The difference is that these women are adults. They are expected to invest quite a lot of time at practices, not to mention all of the charity events, for very little in compensation. I'm sure it doesn't even come out to minimum wage. Unless they choose to participate in the calendars or whatever...

I dunno, I'm on the same page as you. I know it's like that for most professional cheering teams, but that's my issue with it - the word professional. The cowboys and other football teams make a crap ton of money, and these women are professionals, not amateurs like on all all-star team. Being paid means something - ask all those gymnasts who can't compete in college. They should at least be paid minimum wage. There's actually a couple of professional teams sueing their nfl team over it.

Like I said, I get it, I have some friends who were Patriots cheerleaders or who are Celtics cheerleaders. I spent years on the sidelines of games in college, and the idea of getting to be on the sideline of a professional game for free sounds pretty darn sweet, and you get money for doing it? Even better! But unfortunately, the experience doesn't count as a valid form of payment in our labor laws.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Last edited:
One of my best friends tried out for the DCC this past year! She didn't make it (she made it to the cut right before training camp, which is AMAZING as a rookie!) and she loved the experience. She was part of an online vote and had a couple appearances on the show. I hope she tries out again this year or next.

Oh, I'm not above hiding my Sephora receipts. And of course many women work hard on their appearances. But again, I'm not displaying myself on a website, with lines indicating this is where I have my hair done, this is where I have my teeth whitened, this is where I go to the gym, this is where I have my "ahem" lasered.

I'm sorry, I'll shut up now. Sorry for going all Feminazi.

We should totally be bf!! Sephora is my Mecca! I think I'd honestly be perfectly content working there for the the rest of my life, LOL!!

I can see that my POV is unpopular ;)

If I were to cherry pick a page from their site, I find this one more offensive:
Eye Candy — Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders

I would never want my college age daughter to be advertised on a website as "Eye Candy." If that's what you want for your kid, rock on. It cracks me up that there was a huge uproar about a new uniform, generally worn by 18 and up athletes, but many would want their daughter in the DCC one.

I guess it's different expectations. Were I to audition for the DCC, I would know that part of my job there ist to be... well, eye candy. Other parts like the athletics and performance aspects as well as charity work would probably be much more important to me. But I'd know it from the get go.
Now, I didn't get into allstar cheer with that aspect as part of the package at all. It's not what allstar considers itself to be. Rather the absolute opposite as in "we're doing this for our own athletic ambitions". I would very much like everyone to look like an athlete, when participating in allstar cheer.

It's similar to dressing up for going to work or dressing up for a night of flirting and dancing at a club. They are just two different activities with different expectations. I like both and don't think there is anything wrong with dolling yourself up to look appealing and being perceived that way. But I wouldn't like for it to happen at work.

There is a time and place for everything. I guess that's what i'm trying to say.

There is a time and place for everything. I guess that's what i'm trying to say.

So TG walking around at Cheersport is condemned, but DCC walking around at NCA is inspirational?
e5cd4f4c0c05fc6c8d1db20299d72418.jpg

I guess, I'm having difficulty expressing myself. Forgive me, english is not my first language. I'll try again:

It's not so much the physical place, I'm referring to; it's rather activity-based. If a plumbing guy would walk into my work place to fix the sink, he would be absolutely adequately dressed in a boiler suit or similar. Now if I would wear that to work it wouldn't be adequate.

I for one was never one to say that I wouldn't want kids to see the Top Gun uniform. My problem with the Top Gun uniform is that it doesn't represent what allstar cheer set out to be for me (personally) as it doesn't look like a uniform that fits the mainly athletic aspect of allstar cheer.
But I am not condemning anyone for what they are wearing. I'm from Berlin, where people walk around in all sorts of weird outfits. There is not a lot, I haven't seen walking around in broad daylight, clothingwise. ;)

Back