All-Star Nca And The Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Just wanted to throw this out-

As an actor, while you are judged on appearance, its not always in the way you think. Sometimes its "do you look related to the person you need to be related to?" Or its "do you look like the director's ex girlfriend?" Many commercials nowadays want "real" non-model people anyway. I think high-fashion comms are the only ones that still go for models.

While in film there are people of various types of attractiveness, they might lean pretty. Theater it doesn't matter. Despite how it looks. It also depends on the movie.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

We did the same thing. For me, the "appearance" part was more about, hey, can you follow directions? Simple directions? No? You must maintain your "individuality" or you just don't care about what the coaches are asking you to do? Okay then, don't think you'll be a good fit for this team.
The thing is, that's perfectly reasonable. No one is an individual in cheer, you don't see our last names on the backs of our uniforms.

When I was in high school we even were scored on appearance. You had to wear a bow, have no nail polish, game day ready makeup, hair up, etc. It was no DCC tryout for sure, but it definitely was a factor even in high school!

First there is such a difference in my opinion between an NFL Cheerleader and a HS Cheerleader. I have 3 CP's, all stars and my oldest just "retired" in her all star cheer for HS Varsity. Now since it's 2 seasons, football any then competitive, last season she had 2 tryouts. But each girl on sideline did move on to the competitive season. I have to disagree with the "pretty girl" looks. Your totally right with the no nail polish, bow, hair, ect...this was my CP's 1st yr as a HS Cheerleader and I found it much "stricter" with certain things than All star with judging. But, I know that it takes more than just a pretty face to be on the team (including sideline). You have to have certain skills to even make sideline, maintain a certain GPA, and I have earned a "new respect" for HS cheer. My CP is a junior, she is in pre-med, AP classes, tumbling classes (required) and has gotten up @3am to go to prepare for pep rallies! I don't think that I've ever seen her HS football squad just standing around. They are always tumbling, stunting, doing their thing!!

When I coached HS cheer we had a section on our score sheet for appearance. We required at tryouts that you come with hair pulled back out of your face with bow and a specific outfit that way everyone looked uniform. Majority of the girls came dressed exactly how we asked but we also had more than a few come looking like they just rolled out of bed. We scored appearance based on the whole look and looking put together. Facial beauty was not factored into it at all.

In my school coaching position, appearance was (and still is) part of the score sheet in the same vein.

*Tank or tee is white and appropriate (no stains, not too big as to hinder stunting/tumbling.)
*Blue or gold shorts of appropriate length (Soffe variety or Pros)
*Cheer shoes (no street shoes.)
*Hair in high pony.
*Bow.
*Reasonable makeup (we call it "game day pretty" meaning your all star make up is not for today!)

It was pretty much an "easy" 15 points and a VERY easy way for us to see who is capable of GETTING DRESSED IN THE WAY THEY'RE TOLD.

Ex: If you cannot be bothered to put on shorts and a tee like you're asked, I can guarantee you're going to be "that girl" who is consistently wearing the wrong bow/skirt/shorts/sports bra to camp/practice/games. And yeah yeah, bows/sports bras are not the holy grail of cheer, but it's simple directions. If you can't follow attire-related directions, you're going to likely be that one girl who does awesome things like forget her uniform at home the day of a comp. #aintnobodygottimeforthat

Last edited:
So TG walking around at Cheersport is condemned, but DCC walking around at NCA is inspirational?
e5cd4f4c0c05fc6c8d1db20299d72418.jpg
At least you can wear a bra with the DCC uniform.

No comparison between Dallas cheerleaders and TG all stars. Dallas cheerleaders and uniforms are chosen for a reason. You can't compare the athletes of all stars and pro sideline cheerleaders who are there to get the crowd going, not to b thrown and caught without hurting anyone with all the straps.

Last edited:
Back