Nca Camp

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jun 24, 2018
Do the NCA camps do themes? I haven't received any information on it and don't want the girls to miss out on anything! We are attending Lake Bryn Mawr in Honesdale, PA from Aug. 12-15. TIA for any comments, suggestions, etc.!

What school are you from? I was hoping to find someone on here that was attending this one!
Hi! I'll be at this camp, not as a coach, but as a staffer! I look forward to meeting you at Bryn Mawr! You too @XTREMElyfierce! :)

The theme this year is From The Inside Out and it is by far the BEST theme we have had, EVER! We do all the team time exercises at our staff meeting, and every single one meant so much. This year it's a lot of self reflection and team building oriented, which we think will help drive your team to be the best and most successful versions of themselves.

If you're looking to dress like the theme, it's a little tricky this year! The most "on point" suggestion I have is checking out our list of words, and then dressing like the word! For example - hard working. Who is the hardest working person you know? Is it your doctor, firefighters, maybe it's your mom! (This is the word I chose to dress up as at our staff meeting, and I dressed up as Kris Jenner. You can be serious or you can be silly!) Confident, you could all dress as pageant queens. We love seeing teams be creative, but we really REALLY love when we get to dress up with our buddy team! If you can, bring items to dress up your buddy!

If this is your first time attending camp at Lake Bryn Mawr, I would advise bringing a box fan for the cabin, as well as sweatpants and sweatshirts. The weather is super unpredictable, especially at night. I've experienced both 50 degree nights and 85 degree nights with 90% humidity, both are pretty miserable if you aren't prepared for it! Bring a power strip to plug in because some of the cabins don't have a ton of electric sockets to plug into. Don't forget sunscreen! I try to keep a can of clear spray in my staff backpack at all times so I can give myself a quick spray between classes, and I recommend coaches have this too for your kids. We try to be outside as much as we can because the Bryn Mawr campus is beautiful, so be prepared with your sunscreen!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask! :)

@yooolizzi Are all the camps the same? My daughter is going to one in TX and her coaches mentioned the theme being Inside Out....but I think they may have gotten a different idea on what that means. I am helping them make their theme items and they were thinking more like the movie. Are the girls going to look crazy dressing that way or have you seen others that maybe have done the same? Do you have a link to the camp info I can help steer them in the right direction maybe, you mentioned a list of words? Her coaches are brand new this yr so we are all trying to help them as much as we can.

@yooolizzi Are all the camps the same? My daughter is going to one in TX and her coaches mentioned the theme being Inside Out....but I think they may have gotten a different idea on what that means. I am helping them make their theme items and they were thinking more like the movie. Are the girls going to look crazy dressing that way or have you seen others that maybe have done the same? Do you have a link to the camp info I can help steer them in the right direction maybe, you mentioned a list of words? Her coaches are brand new this yr so we are all trying to help them as much as we can.
NCA Camp: From the Inside Out - Varsity.com

But that's a great way to dress for camp! Yes we have seen plenty of teams dress like that, so no, we won't think you're crazy! :)

My girls also went with the movie! I tried to talk them into something else but they are nothing if not persistent! Thanks for all of your input! See ya soon!

Back