All-Star Nca Champions By Gym

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Did Rays pass cheer athletics for all time wins?

It likely depends on whether you count Grand Champion as an "NCA title". If you do, then I think CA has more, if you don't then Stingrays may have more now. Which way you lean on that argument probably is influenced by whether it helps your number or not.

I will try to do more of the actual math when I am less brain-dead.

It likely depends on whether you count Grand Champion as an "NCA title". If you do, then I think CA has more, if you don't then Stingrays may have more now. Which way you lean on that argument probably is influenced by whether it helps your number or not.

I will try to do more of the actual math when I am less brain-dead.

Gracias. I know for us we don't count our high points / grand champion level winners or anything else to our total of national championships.

But, hey, weve never won Grand Champion either.

Gracias. I know for us we don't count our high points / grand champion level winners or anything else to our total of national championships.

But, hey, weve never won Grand Champion either.

I do see both sides. "Officially" we have typically only counted the "overall" grand champion (not level champions), and only if it is an actual, announced award. (We wouldn't count having the high score at Worlds, for example, since they don't have that as an official title - even though that would bump up our Worlds title count a bit.)

We also quit counting "regular" national championships a few years ago. (We even quit paying as much attention to the NCA total over the last couple of years.) Winning titles is a big goal of our teams, obviously, but the actual number of victories (or even whether any given team wins a particular event) is less important to us now than process of getting to that point and how you handle the result.

I do NOT mean that it is wrong to focus on winning or counting victories. Believe me, I have spent more hours on spreadsheets listing out division winners and calculating title counts than you could imagine. It has just become less important to us than it used to be. Part of it was when we realized that we have such admiration for the coaches at Stingrays & Cali that it seemed silly not to be excited for them when they win divisions - even if that technically hurts us in the "title" race for the year. (I'm not going to lie, however, it was a tough pill to swallow the first year someone won more NCA divisions than we did.)

Side Note: It is kind of funny to me that telling someone outside of the sport that your gym had "won 8 National Championships over the last 12 years" would almost sound more impressive to them than saying "we have won 623 National Championships" would. Once you get over a certain number, it really just exposes how ridiculous our "national title" system is.

However you choose to count it, Cheer/Dance Athletics will be hanging 9 new banners that were awarded to us this past weekend.

Lg Junior Coed 5 - Jags
Junior Coed 4 - Thundercats
International 5 - FierceKatz
Medium Senior 5 - Panthers
Large Coed 5 - Cheetahs
Youth Hip Hop - KoolKatz
Junior Hip Hop - FunkyKatz
Senior Coed Hip Hop - CrewKatz
NCA Grand Champion - Panthers

Where was dance this year? Usually I walk by them but I didn't see them this year. Like a whole separate world.

Also my team that won NCA today won High Point for the whole level 4.2, small & large gym and team! Such a big accomplishment for my gym seeing as we were the smallest team out of that whole division!
So it would be....
United Elite Threat - NCA National Champions and High Point Winners for level 4.2 :D
couldnt have asked for a better senior year at nca!

Back