All-Star Nca Day 2 Chit Chat

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I've gotten to the point that watching teams/parents celebrate early doesn't offend me, but if any of my teams ever did it, I would not be okay with that. While I understand they are in the "moment", I still view it as rude. And I definitely would never assume that a team that patiently waits for their name to be called just expected it. I respect gyms that teach their kids to be classy and respectful to their competitors. Teaching self-control to kids is very important, IMO. It's also something that I believe is very lacking in our society today...

I also don't think it's fair to deem kids as "un-classy" or "disrespectful" because they got caught up in a moment of joy. JMO.

As a mom of a Supercelll, I am proud of how all these girls performed with such poise under pressure. We would have been proud jacket or not. These kids on Twisters-Woodlands-ICE should all be commended..Congrats!!

I am a ICE Unity Dad and I want to say that the talent and routines I saw in the Large Junior 5 division this weekend were amazing! My CP had nothing but good things to say about the new friends she met on Supercells and Colonels. The same would be true of many of the kids in the other Junior 5 divisions that she met or has known for years now.

At the end of the day only one team can win and they only compete against each other for 5 minutes the entire weekend. The friendships the create now can last through the senior cheer years and even into college. Yes, sometimes the emotion of the win at a big national can cause excitement at awards but as long as the kids don't celebrate in a taunting or disrepectful way then it doesn't bother me.

What happened to "The Thrill of Victory and The Agony of Defeat"

If a team wins and they celebrate, good for them. They worked hard for it.
If a team loses and they are devastated, that's ok too. They also put a lot of hard work to come up short of victory.

The political correctness in the cheerleading world is a little much for me.

If a team loses and they are devastated, that's ok too. They also put a lot of hard work to come up short of victory.

It would probably just be easier if we get rid of placements and go over of who deserves it.

Don't get me wrong. I LOVE to see teams celebrate their wins! All I'm asking is wait 5 more seconds when they officially announce your name before doing so. I am not at ALL about being PC. I believe in the "suck it up" mentality. Both of my daughters' team came in 2nd this past weekend. Emileigh's team was beat by Rays Green. the sportsmanship and respect that was displayed on the awards floor by Rays Green will be remembered by our squad the rest of their lives. They were truly a class act.

I think sometimes the feeling just totally overtakes you. I don't agree with jumping up and down before you name is even announced, but the rocking back and forth (don't know if that's a good description) in anticipation, or the look of anticipation and excitement on their faces.. as mentioned above, they're kids! As long as it's not rubbing it in to anyone, or taking away from someone else's moment, I think it's okay.

I also think it matters what places are announced. If just 1st, 2nd and 3rd are announced, I think it's disrespectful to assume you are in 1st when there are more than 3 teams in the division. However, if ALL the teams places are announced, I think it's a little different because you very obviously would be in first.

I get that the kids get excited and that they are just kids. So that's why it doesn't offend me. But when I see a team that has the ability to show self control in a moment like that, it just shouts class act to me. No offense taken, but no respect given at the same time. If that makes sense.

Out of all the posts we have seen on this issue I think that best describes it!

can someone please tell me how to put my kids videos on my facebook from the varsity site :) thnks!

Don't get me wrong. I LOVE to see teams celebrate their wins! All I'm asking is wait 5 more seconds when they officially announce your name before doing so. I am not at ALL about being PC. I believe in the "suck it up" mentality. Both of my daughters' team came in 2nd this past weekend. Emileigh's team was beat by Rays Green. the sportsmanship and respect that was displayed on the awards floor by Rays Green will be remembered by our squad the rest of their lives. They were truly a class act.
I am a mom of one of the Supercells, and I am very sorry if our girls seemed disrespectful or seem like they took the moment away from another team. Most of the girls on the team are either former Wind members or returning Cell members and have won national titles before, and have learned how to contain their excitement until their team's name is called. There are a few girls on the team that had never had the opportunity to win a national title and I'm sure got very caught up in the moment. I did noticed that there were only a few that jumped up and screamed when the second place team's name was announced, but I also noticed that other members of the team grabbed them by the hand and sat them back down...so I know that their early celebration was not totally crazy. None the less, I am sorry if it took away from the recognition of the Colonels. This will serve as a good learning experience for the Cells and a reminder to us parents to reinforce good sportsmanship to our girls.

I can't figure it out either. When you copy and paste the link, it takes you to the varsity tv home page.
i know me too! ugh! and i love love love our large limited HD video. it shows the whole thing and zooms in on kayla during the stunts!!! boy her bow needs some work haha and not all teams are under the HD version.... wierd

i know me too! ugh! and i love love love our large limited HD video. it shows the whole thing and zooms in on kayla during the stunts!!! boy her bow needs some work haha and not all teams are under the HD version.... wierd

If you move your cursor over the actual video a "share" button pops up click it and it will give you a Facebook option.

I am a mom of one of the Supercells, and I am very sorry if our girls seemed disrespectful or seem like they took the moment away from another team. Most of the girls on the team are either former Wind members or returning Cell members and have won national titles before, and have learned how to contain their excitement until their team's name is called. There are a few girls on the team that had never had the opportunity to win a national title and I'm sure got very caught up in the moment. I did noticed that there were only a few that jumped up and screamed when the second place team's name was announced, but I also noticed that other members of the team grabbed them by the hand and sat them back down...so I know that their early celebration was not totally crazy. None the less, I am sorry if it took away from the recognition of the Colonels. This will serve as a good learning experience for the Cells and a reminder to us parents to reinforce good sportsmanship to our girls.

Love this! love cells and love colonels. each team in this division was simply amazing and should be proud no matter the place :))) CONGRATS!!!!

Back