All-Star Nca - Day 2 Updates

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Oh...if only I could go back and quote all the people who insisted they 'knew' how Panthers season was gonna be..how they just had no chance. And WHAT have we learned: Panthers peak at NCA. This is fact.

Panthers
Large Senior - 2001 - NCA Champions
Large Senior - 2002 - NCA Champions
Large Senior - 2003 - NCA Champions (NCA Grand Champs)
Large Senior - 2004 - World Champions (2nd at NCA)
Large Senior - 2005 - NCA Champions (Silver at Worlds)
Large Senior - 2006 - World Champions (2nd at NCA)
Large Senior - 2007 - NCA Champions (Silver at Worlds)
Large Senior - 2008 - NCA Champions (7th at Worlds)
Large Senior - 2009 - NCA Champions (Silver at Worlds)
Large Senior - 2010 - NCA 3rd, (Bronze at Worlds)
Small Senior - 2011 - World Champions (3rd at NCA)
Medium Senior - 2012 - NCA, Majors, & World Champions, (NCA Grand Champs)
Large Senior - 2013 - NCA Champions (NCA Grand Champs), ?

You cannot imagine my frustration/dismay to get back to messageboard/emails/etc. full of discussion about that. I happen to coach that team, so I was right in the middle of all of that. Suffice it to say that our version of events and what was said is VERY different from the one that has been portrayed. In fairness, I'm probably not able to look at it objectively. The logic side of me says to simply ignore all of it, but I simply can't let my kids get slammed like that without responding.

My version:

The scene after Cheetahs went day 1 was ridiculous. The coaches were trying to to corral the team to do the normal post-routine talk, but it was nearly impossible. Like in Houston, there were people walking INTO the huddle while we were obviously trying to talk to them. We moved down the hall to a more secluded area - trying to get a least a tiny bit of privacy for what ANY cheer person would know was going to be an unpleasant discussion. We managed (with some help from some of the more sane parents there with their kids) to keep the crowd back about 10-15 feet or so while we talked to them for a few minutes.

NCA has a curtained-off area to watch the replay of your performance. When the NCA staff called us over after our short 1st talk, the crowd (with MANY parents) was blocking the way to the replay room. We were worried we were going to miss our replay. I admit to being pretty frustrated with the whole scene at this point and was probably more rude than I needed to be to get the team there.

We still hadn't had time to really get into everything we wanted to cover so, we found a room we could basically lock to finish our discussion. This went on for about 10 minutes or so. The team decided to stay together as a team and find a place in the stands to watch the rest of the CA teams perform. We told them it was OK to politely decline autograph/photo requests on their way there if they chose to stay together. The team then walked out of the room while the coaches stayed back to talk about our plan for the next day.

My assumption is that this is when this girl allegedly was refused her autograph. I wasn't there to hear every word of what our athletes said, but I can't imagine any of them saying "no" the way she portrayed it. I guess it is possible, but I would be really surprised.

I don't want to blow this out of proportion, or milk it for any sympathy. If we do our job and the routine goes as planned, the whole scene has a completely different "vibe." Also, unlike Majors/ACA, it never felt dangerous. I'm sure we didn't handle every detail of either day's "post game talk" perfectly and I can understand why some would be frustrated with how the team acted. Any situation where a young girl gets turned away for an autograph can certainly be viewed with anger by that girl's parent. I get that.

For what it is worth, after an unfortunately similar situation in finals, I sat and watched absolutely devastated kids do their best to put on a happy face and sign bows for what seemed like at least an hour after we had finished talking to them. From what I could see, they waited until every single person who wanted a pic/signature got one. If that girl wants to send us her bow, I will make sure the whole team signs it.

This scenario sounds very familiar (-_-). Folks, if you love these kids like you say you do, you have to give them their team time, their family time, and yes, their heartbreak time.

For my part, until I see it with my own eyes, I refuse to believe any negativity ab the CA kids. Every time I read some mess, I'll see some Cheetah boys chilling with CE boys or little things like what happened at awards in LAG and I say, "nope!"

That awkward moment when the entire ECE parent section cheers when WE has a fall..... Oh, parents.

Please do not classify all the ECE parents.....the entire section was not cheering for this! I was sitting there in sec 14 with a friend from ECE supporting her daughter's team. yes, a couple of parents let emotions get the best of them, but what I witnessed was the other parents telling them to stop, and the rest of routine the cheering was the parents trying to be supportive of WE and cheer them to the end of the routine. Believe me, I have been on the recieving end of such situations with my own daughter's team before, and it is frustrating. But in any sport, you may have a few parents who let the competitiveness get in the way! I have many friends at ECE and the majority are a class act, so please don't assume the entire program of parents is like this, because that is just not the case.

Please do not classify all the ECE parents.....the entire section was not cheering for this! I was sitting there in sec 14 with a friend from ECE supporting her daughter's team. yes, a couple of parents let emotions get the best of them, but what I witnessed was the other parents telling them to stop, and the rest of routine the cheering was the parents trying to be supportive of WE and cheer them to the end of the routine. Believe me, I have been on the recieving end of such situations with my own daughter's team before, and it is frustrating. But in any sport, you may have a few parents who let the competitiveness get in the way! I have many friends at ECE and the majority are a class act, so please don't assume the entire program of parents is like this, because that is just not the case.

Just posting what I saw from multiple sources there that weekend. I few posts down I posted another tweet calling the program a class act for correcting the problem. I should have left out to word "entire" because I'm sure it wasn't an eruption of the whole section but I was just going by what was told to me. I have some friends there and believe me, I'm the last person who would generalize an entire program as bad sports.

Industry News@IndustryNewsIN
Is there something stuffed in Orange's uniform tops? Hmmmm#NCANationals And no I don't mean socks. Lol

Industry News@IndustryNewsIN
The tops just looked... fuller. Lol

Did anyone else see these? I found them quite odd and a little on the inappropriate side

If you read through the comments they posted it legitimately seemed like they thought they had some kind of "prop" or something under their uniform tops. It was a little weird when I first read it but I'm sure they didn't mean it inappropriately. They were just wondering.

Yeah I didn't realize "last pass" girl was from ECE...now people are starting in on Cheetahs...
I jinxed the love...kind of like when you say the "q" word in nursing (never say the unit is "quiet")...
This has nothing to do with ECE, but I witnessed some really bad sportsmanship from a parent of a team I will not name. After awards for our division (which we tied with T&S), one of our athletes was trying to get a straw and an adult male (wearing his team's logo on his shirt) said to our athlete:"you didn't deserve to win". She didn't respond, but came back to us with tears in her eyes. Shame on that parent!

Panthers
Large Senior - 2001 - NCA Champions
Large Senior - 2002 - NCA Champions
Large Senior - 2003 - NCA Champions (NCA Grand Champs)
Large Senior - 2004 - World Champions (2nd at NCA)
Large Senior - 2005 - NCA Champions (Silver at Worlds)
Large Senior - 2006 - World Champions (2nd at NCA)
Large Senior - 2007 - NCA Champions (Silver at Worlds)
Large Senior - 2008 - NCA Champions (7th at Worlds)
Large Senior - 2009 - NCA Champions (Silver at Worlds)
Large Senior - 2010 - NCA 3rd, (Bronze at Worlds)
Small Senior - 2011 - World Champions (3rd at NCA)
Medium Senior - 2012 - NCA, Majors, & World Champions, (NCA Grand Champs)
Large Senior - 2013 - NCA Champions (NCA Grand Champs), ?
I rest my case. :D

Sent from the Fierce Board App That's Better Than Yours..

This has nothing to do with ECE, but I witnessed some really bad sportsmanship from a parent of a team I will not name. After awards for our division (which we tied with T&S), one of our athletes was trying to get a straw and an adult male (wearing his team's logo on his shirt) said to our athlete:"you didn't deserve to win". She didn't respond, but came back to us with tears in her eyes. Shame on that parent!
Yes, I heard about this also and this was a poor showing of bad sportsmanship and I heard that this young lady was really upset by these cruel words of this 'man' !!! Sometimes adults should learn how to act by the sportsmanship shown by these athletes, as witnessed by the level of class that these athletes displayed this weekend with their tie for 1st place as National Champions.

I hope people realize that just because one apple is bad, it doesn't mean the whole batch is. I have met parents on both end of the spectrum within one program. Most of the time the parents on the wrong end are the minority of the program. Many times it is the parents that are the problems, though. One rude parent does not represent an entire organization, as I am sure they do not approve at all of that kind of behavior.

Nothing excuses what that person said. However, you can't judge a program by any single parent. Every gym has a few parents that are a little psycho. Also, just because someone is wearing a gym's shirt, doesn't automatically mean they are actually with that program.

You cannot imagine my frustration/dismay to get back to messageboard/emails/etc. full of discussion about that. I happen to coach that team, so I was right in the middle of all of that. Suffice it to say that our version of events and what was said is VERY different from the one that has been portrayed. In fairness, I'm probably not able to look at it objectively. The logic side of me says to simply ignore all of it, but I simply can't let my kids get slammed like that without responding.

My version:

The scene after Cheetahs went day 1 was ridiculous. The coaches were trying to to corral the team to do the normal post-routine talk, but it was nearly impossible. Like in Houston, there were people walking INTO the huddle while we were obviously trying to talk to them. We moved down the hall to a more secluded area - trying to get a least a tiny bit of privacy for what ANY cheer person would know was going to be an unpleasant discussion. We managed (with some help from some of the more sane parents there with their kids) to keep the crowd back about 10-15 feet or so while we talked to them for a few minutes.

NCA has a curtained-off area to watch the replay of your performance. When the NCA staff called us over after our short 1st talk, the crowd (with MANY parents) was blocking the way to the replay room. We were worried we were going to miss our replay. I admit to being pretty frustrated with the whole scene at this point and was probably more rude than I needed to be to get the team there.

We still hadn't had time to really get into everything we wanted to cover so, we found a room we could basically lock to finish our discussion. This went on for about 10 minutes or so. The team decided to stay together as a team and find a place in the stands to watch the rest of the CA teams perform. We told them it was OK to politely decline autograph/photo requests on their way there if they chose to stay together. The team then walked out of the room while the coaches stayed back to talk about our plan for the next day.

My assumption is that this is when this girl allegedly was refused her autograph. I wasn't there to hear every word of what our athletes said, but I can't imagine any of them saying "no" the way she portrayed it. I guess it is possible, but I would be really surprised.

I don't want to blow this out of proportion, or milk it for any sympathy. If we do our job and the routine goes as planned, the whole scene has a completely different "vibe." Also, unlike Majors/ACA, it never felt dangerous. I'm sure we didn't handle every detail of either day's "post game talk" perfectly and I can understand why some would be frustrated with how the team acted. Any situation where a young girl gets turned away for an autograph can certainly be viewed with anger by that girl's parent. I get that.

For what it is worth, after an unfortunately similar situation in finals, I sat and watched absolutely devastated kids do their best to put on a happy face and sign bows for what seemed like at least an hour after we had finished talking to them. From what I could see, they waited until every single person who wanted a pic/signature got one. If that girl wants to send us her bow, I will make sure the whole team signs it.

I swear I think I know exactly who these people are. They stayed at our hotel and I was outside and this lady was complaining about Cheetahs and how they were treated by them on Saturday. Naturally (since our kids had just this last weekend in DC drawn the ire of disgruntled folks tweeting about us negatively I probably was too defensive) I defended the Cheetah's and their right to meet as a team after their performance. Nothing I said swayed this woman from thinking that her child had been majorly dissed and how dare the Cheetah's treat them that way. Who do they think they are??? My answer was teenager's who are there to compete against some of the best teams in the country.....and if there was no meet and greet and they were busy with team function then she was just SOL. (Hope y'all know what SOL is) I asked her who did she think she was to expect anything from these kids during a weekend that is totally team focused and how dare she speak ill of them for doing what their coaches told them to. I didn't even give her a chance to answer I just stomped off. So if you saw a tweet on Sunday morning about the bitchy CEA mom........yea......that was me. #sorrynotsorry

I swear I think I know exactly who these people are. They stayed at our hotel and I was outside and this lady was complaining about Cheetahs and how they were treated by them on Saturday. Naturally (since our kids had just this last weekend in DC drawn the ire of disgruntled folks tweeting about us negatively I probably was too defensive) I defended the Cheetah's and their right to meet as a team after their performance. Nothing I said swayed this woman from thinking that her child had been majorly dissed and how dare the Cheetah's treat them that way. Who do they think they are??? My answer was teenager's who are there to compete against some of the best teams in the country.....and if there was no meet and greet and they were busy with team function then she was just SOL. (Hope y'all know what SOL is) I asked her who did she think she was to expect anything from these kids during a weekend that is totally team focused and how dare she speak ill of them for doing what their coaches told them to. I didn't even give her a chance to answer I just stomped off. So if you saw a tweet on Sunday morning about the bitchy CEA mom........yea......that was me. #sorrynotsorry
:shimmy:

I love you!!! Shimmy x1000

Back