All-Star Nca - Day 2 Updates

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Tardy to the party but I just wanna say congrats to Infinity for getting 3rd in Small Restricted Coed 5! I cheered with one of the girls on that team when I was in 7th grade at American Allstars (now owned by Premier). My little ramble is done :) I'll go back to stalking for updates for now :p

And they got a legality on day 1 over pyramid and pulled hard to jump into third from 7th. First year restricted 5 at iNfinity.

I swear I think I know exactly who these people are. They stayed at our hotel and I was outside and this lady was complaining about Cheetahs and how they were treated by them on Saturday. Naturally (since our kids had just this last weekend in DC drawn the ire of disgruntled folks tweeting about us negatively I probably was too defensive) I defended the Cheetah's and their right to meet as a team after their performance. Nothing I said swayed this woman from thinking that her child had been majorly dissed and how dare the Cheetah's treat them that way. Who do they think they are??? My answer was teenager's who are there to compete against some of the best teams in the country.....and if there was no meet and greet and they were busy with team function then she was just SOL. (Hope y'all know what SOL is) I asked her who did she think she was to expect anything from these kids during a weekend that is totally team focused and how dare she speak ill of them for doing what their coaches told them to. I didn't even give her a chance to answer I just stomped off. So if you saw a tweet on Sunday morning about the bitchy CEA mom........yea......that was me. #sorrynotsorry
:shimmy: to infinity

The best NCA competition yet Congratulations to Gym Tyme on their sweep 3 first places and 2paid bids great kids and coaches. Congratulations to WC Suns on their paid bid another group of great kids and coaches. Biggest congratulations to my two daughters on their win and paid bid this is their last NCA what a way to do it.

If you read through the comments they posted it legitimately seemed like they thought they had some kind of "prop" or something under their uniform tops. It was a little weird when I first read it but I'm sure they didn't mean it inappropriately. They were just wondering.
oh okay! haha Thanks for clearing that up.

The owners, staff & athletes of East Celebrity Elite sincerely hope that the actions of a small group of parents do not reflect upon our gym as a whole. When we saw the tweet posted from Cheer Updates, we were so disheartened that any of our parents would behave in such a manner. We would like anyone reading to know that we take sportsmanship very seriously at ECE. Our athletes and parents are required to sign a social media & sportsmanship code of conduct prior to their first practice in our gym. We very much expect them to adhere to our rules & when these rules are broken, the situation will be dealt with immediately.

On behalf of our J5 team....I am so proud of them for hitting an amazing routine 2 days in a row. I am also proud of their interactions and respect for every team and athlete that competes in their division. I watched 36 girls cheer on every team & I can assure you that they have tremendous respect for their competitors.... they always have and they always will. There will never be a point in time when any of those kids cheer for a mistake made by a competitor. They are all too familiar with what it feels like to make an error at NCA finals or anywhere for that matter.....we have certainly had our share. Woodlands Elite Colonels are amazing. Period. We love the competitiveness that the J5 division offers & we have the utmost respect for every single team that we compete with.

Nothing excuses what that person said. However, you can't judge a program by any single parent. Every gym has a few parents that are a little psycho. Also, just because someone is wearing a gym's shirt, doesn't automatically mean they are actually with that program.
And while your statement is very true, this is the 2nd year that I have witness very poor behavior from Adults wearing this gym's logo. The fact they were an (older) adult wearing a gym's name and logo doesn't necessarily mean they are from that gym, but what adult goes to NCA and wears some other gyms logo? BTW, the adult from this past weekend was standing with a group of other adult's wearing the same logo, and one of THEIR athletes in uniform.

And while your statement is very true, this is the 2nd year that I have witness very poor behavior from Adults wearing this gym's logo. The fact they were an (older) adult wearing a gym's name and logo doesn't necessarily mean they are from that gym, but what adult goes to NCA and wears some other gyms logo? BTW, the adult from this past weekend was standing with a group of other adult's wearing the same logo, and one of THEIR athletes in uniform.

You can find bad apples at any and every gym. When the day comes I find a gym that has 100% patient, kind, and polite parents ALL of the time, I'll eat my words. But really, come on now. Whether they are talking crap, cheering at falls, or just moving the backpacks out of "saved" seats, you just can't win. All you can do as an owner is stress being a good sport, and hope it sticks.

I think after years of competition, I have experienced rude coaches and rude parents from every gym around us, and I'm sure my parents have not been perfect angels either.

NC State, has many, many fans. Whenever I have the opportunity to go to a game, most of the people, wearing wolf pack clothing, (including me) standing around, outside of the arena, don't go to the University. Whenever I have heard of a disturbance, I always think it's probably one of the "outsiders". Raleigh is a pretty sedate city - especially around the campus - except when there's a game.

Could it be the ECE thing is the same type of situation? I have never heard of bad sportsmanship from this gym; and my previous post tells a different story altogether. Something to think about...

You can find bad apples at any and every gym. When the day comes I find a gym that has 100% patient, kind, and polite parents ALL of the time, I'll eat my words. But really, come on now. Whether they are talking crap, cheering at falls, or just moving the backpacks out of "saved" seats, you just can't win. All you can do as an owner is stress being a good sport, and hope it sticks.

I think after years of competition, I have experienced rude coaches and rude parents from every gym around us, and I'm sure my parents have not been perfect angels either.
Shimmy, shimmy, shimmy all day! :)

NC State, has many, many fans. Whenever I have the opportunity to go to a game, most of the people, wearing wolf pack clothing, (including me) standing around, outside of the arena, don't go to the University. Whenever I have heard of a disturbance, I always think it's probably one of the "outsiders". Raleigh is a pretty sedate city - especially around the campus - except when there's a game.

Could it be the ECE thing is the same type of situation? I have never heard of bad sportsmanship from this gym; and my previous post tells a different story altogether. Something to think about...
unfortunately, no it probably wasn't outsiders. And it is most definitely only a very small percentage that cause problems, but that small percentage is giving a great gym a very bad reputation. I have seen it at comps all year long (saw one mom laugh out loud when another team had a pyramid fall), and I even heard them talk trash about their own teams that have had a rough performance. CoachTamara is right though, every gym has some bad apples. The kids are generally better sports than their parents.

unfortunately, no it probably wasn't outsiders. And it is most definitely only a very small percentage that cause problems, but that small percentage is giving a great gym a very bad reputation. I have seen it at comps all year long (saw one mom laugh out loud when another team had a pyramid fall), and I even heard them talk trash about their own teams that have had a rough performance. CoachTamara is right though, every gym has some bad apples. The kids are generally better sports than their parents.

I could not agree more. A gym can only do so much to control the parents' behavior. It's one thing if the kids are being bad sports, but the parents are a different story.

The same can be said for the fans of gyms/teams who are not actually a part of those programs. They tend to be more bitter towards other gyms than the actual members are.

Back