All-Star Nca - Day 2 Updates

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I will never understand this. Wouldn't you rather place higher in a division better suited for you than place 305th in a division you can't possibly come close to winning?
The thing is, these "borderline" Worlds teams will get an At Large. They'll get their 2:30 Day 1 at Worlds and be able to advertise on that.

The thing is, these "borderline" Worlds teams will get an At Large. They'll get their 2:30 Day 1 at Worlds and be able to advertise on that.

I get it. It's just a shame that's what gym owners/coaches make priority rather than a productive and successful season for their kids. Not to mention that if I were a parent at one of these gyms I would have a problem paying out the cost to go to Worlds only for my kid to not even have a chance at finals. But I suppose that's another conversation for another day! Back to videos.

I get it. It's just a shame that's what gym owners/coaches make priority rather than a productive and successful season for their kids. Not to mention that if I were a parent at one of these gyms I would have a problem paying out the cost to go to Worlds only for my kid to not even have a chance at finals. But I suppose that's another conversation for another day! Back to videos.
Oh, I 100% agree with you.

I was "that" parent. We had no clue. But, honestly, I wouldn't change anything. That could have been my daughter's one and only Worlds experience. Her excitement when her team got that At Large bid was incredible. Sure once they got to Worlds they didn't make it past the preliminary round, but she and her teammates still had a fantastic time.

As it worked out... the next year she (different team but many of the same teammates) went back... her team won! Two very different experiences and both will be remembered for the rest of her life!

I was "that" parent. We had no clue. But, honestly, I wouldn't change anything. That could have been my daughter's one and only Worlds experience. Her excitement when her team got that At Large bid was incredible. Sure once they got to Worlds they didn't make it past the preliminary round, but she and her teammates still had a fantastic time.

As it worked out... the next year she (different team but many of the same teammates) went back... her team won! Two very different experiences and both will be remembered for the rest of her life!
It is fun for the kids...but makes for a very expensive trip (and REALLY long day in prelims). But, I think there's a difference between not making it out of prelims and not having the skills to be competitive.

It is fun for the kids...but makes for a very expensive trip (and REALLY long day in prelims). But, I think there's a difference between not making it out of prelims and not having the skills to be competitive.
I concur! Her team that first year actually had straight up Level 5 (non restricted) skills. They just didn't execute to the best of their abilities and their choreography didn't hit the score sheets the way it needed to. Would they have made finals if they had? Likely no. But they would have advanced out of the preliminary round.

As far as cost... I'm a cheer mom. I just stick my fingers in my ears, close my eyes real tight and try to block that part out ;)

Back