All-Star Nca - Day 2 Updates

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

So since comparing percentages what if a gym came with one team and they won? Since that is a 100% success rate does that mean they are better than any other gym? No, just means they had a team that did well. Trying to use percentages to show a gym is better or trying to brag is ridiculous considering the number of variables in judging.

Throat punch - funniest line ever

So since comparing percentages what if a gym came with one team and they won? Since that is a 100% success rate does that mean they are better than any other gym? No, just means they had a team that did well. Trying to use percentages to show a gym is better or trying to brag is ridiculous considering the number of variables in judging.

Oh by no means was I trying to say anyone was better than the other. Someone asked the question so I simply responded with the information for my daughter's favorite gyms - one of them being the one she cheered at for 7 years before injury and illness caused her to leave 2 years ago.

Oh by no means was I trying to say anyone was better than the other. Someone asked the question so I simply responded with the information for my daughter's favorite gyms - one of them being the one she cheered at for 7 years before injury and illness caused her to leave 2 years ago.
Makes sense but was only illustrating a point to that can't use that as a fair comparison in case anyone wanted to try. Was not intending to offend or put anyone on the defensive. :)

Yes I agree with you, for gyms that don't bring most all their teams you would assume they are only bringing their "BEST" teams so they should have a higher winning percentage.

Yes I agree with you, for gyms that don't bring most all their teams you would assume they are only bringing their "BEST" teams so they should have a higher winning percentage.
No, still too many variables. What if jank Allstars beat Megagym at NCA because half of megagyms team was sick? Yeah they won but doesn't mean JA is a better program or stronger team, they just got lucky. Not saying that is what is happened to any team this year, just that trying to rank team on percentage isn't the best indicator for bragging. Besides does it really matter unless you are a small gym trying too hard to brag and promote of find ways to say your the better gym?

Again, comments not aimed at anyone directly.

No, still too many variables. What if jank Allstars beat Megagym at NCA because half of megagyms team was sick? Yeah they won but doesn't mean JA is a better program or stronger team, they just got lucky. Not saying that is what is happened to any team this year, just that trying to rank team on percentage isn't the best indicator for bragging. Besides does it really matter unless you are a small gym trying too hard to brag and promote of find ways to say your the better gym?

Again, comments not aimed at anyone directly.

Then what should we look at.. Raw scores? that way if the other program who was better dropped a stunt because they were sick you would at least know who has a better routine?

Or maybe how many times you beat said program this year in total?

I know you aren't directing it at anyone in particular but we are the smallest gym mentioned because I mentioned us and I'm proud that our teams are good.

We see big gyms all the time and besides a few of our 8 teams there are large gyms that haven't beat us all season.. not one time.

Not saying we are better then anyone. Maybe they are just having a rough day every time we see them. I'm also happy that we are surrounded by so many large powerhouse gyms. They push us to be ready because we see them all the time. If we were NOT surrounded by such talented teams then maybe we wouldn't even be that good and that's ok. Our gym brought it this year. They have always been great in the past but stepped it up some this year for sure. These NCA wins were not random, this has been the same all year long at every comp.

I'll be the first to admit we see woodlands at basically half of our competitions. There teams are amazing!!!!! Seriously could of brought home way more NCA titles then they did. Truly awesome routines coming out of that gym.

Spirit of Texas.. Wow I don't ever think there has ever been a bad SOT team. Id assume at most comps they could likely take home high point at every level. If we have to see them we better put out our best performance ever because I don't even think their teams have bad days.

Even prodigy whom I didn't notice as much last season this year brought it. I would assume this has been a great year for them.

No one is saying they are better then these powerhouse gyms. Simply putting it out there with the NCA titles. Just like they like to compare worlds titles every year.

The last two years I know for a fact each time someone made a document with teams taken/teams won for every gym not just big gyms and that was something cool everyone looked at. So this year I know we would be high on the list. Let's just see if next year we maintain this.. I know we haven't proved ourselves to the cheer world but I'm not worried about that. I'm thankful my daughter was able to be apart of something so great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CEA: 6 teams present (no idea what percentage of our total that is... Pretty low I would guess)

4 top 3s (66%)
The other two finished 4th (Sr Lg 4.2) and 6th (IOC Lvl 5)

Not bad, considering raw scores dropped on all of them, I believe, between day 1 & 2 (not sure about 4.2 or IOC with score differences).

Not what my CP was dreaming of, but we will get another 9 or so shots at it.. She will wear that jacket! (Hopefully back to the old design :)

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

@Kris10boo I'm not sure off hand just saying from a statistic stand point the fewer teams a program brings the higher the odds they can get a high percentage.
I think with the issue of no hear to head competition, subjective scoring, different judges in the same divisions etc... It is hard to compare or rank programs.

Could be like asking who is a better gym owner? Happy Hooper, Courtney Pope or Victor Rosario?

@Kris10boo I'm not sure off hand just saying from a statistic stand point the fewer teams a program brings the higher the odds they can get a high percentage.
I think with the issue of no hear to head competition, subjective scoring, different judges in the same divisions etc... It is hard to compare or rank programs.

Could be like asking who is a better gym owner? Happy Hooper, Courtney Pope or Victor Rosario?

Lol I know I get what your saying. I know most of those gyms are pretty good! I'm sure it's a battle on any given day. Especially looking at some of their top 3 percentages! Wow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is also hard to compare gyms because different gyms have different philosophies on when to move athletes up levels and what levels to compete teams. You could theoretically have a much better NCA by competing your teams or athletes "lower" than what their talent level was. This wouldn't necessarily make you a better/worse gym, but it would hugely impact your stats.

It is also hard to compare gyms because different gyms have different philosophies on when to move athletes up levels and what levels to compete teams. You could theoretically have a much better NCA by competing your teams or athletes "lower" than what their talent level was. This wouldn't necessarily make you a better/worse gym, but it would hugely impact your stats.
Thank you.

Back