All-Star Nca Day 3 Updates (sunday)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

No, she's not.
You have a very clear slant against Cali and more specifically smoed. Not sure why but it really doesn't matter. You and the people who shimmy everything you say negatively against my gym don't hold a lot of credibility with me. Doesn't make me right, doesn't make you right. But I'm more inclined to listen to an argument made by someone who doesn't show their bent so much. Just my nature, I guess.

You can't figure out why people are upset with your gym? Do you selectively read posts here?

I'm sure you don't hold a lot of credibility with other people when you sit and defend things Smoed does and then hypocritically accuse others of doing the same things and how "vicious" those people are. It works both ways you know. And personally, I'm more inclined to listen to someone who can discuss these events without the double standard.

Smoed fuels their own fire. Smoed played their part in starting it, Smoed can end it.

Bottom line, kids are stupid. Kids are stupid on both sides of the fence. While I don't like what was said on either side, they are kids. They have little to no understanding about the impact of what they say, how they say and who they say it to. Does that mean they get to slide, no. Hopefully, though, it will make them learn. Adults on the other hand. There's no excuse for them. Adults are just as mean, and should understand the impact their words have. Though, in my experience, the adults are just as idiotic (if not more so).

As far as Smoed, and what has transpired. WE have put them on a pedestal (and by we, I mean cheer as a whole). They did not ASK to be put on a pedestal. Unfortunately, as is true time and time again, I think they started to believe their own hype. They got their own show, which was immensely popular and respected at first. They won Worlds numerous times. They went beyond Smoed and became SMOED. Like has happened many times before, the pedestal is a lonely, dangerous place. We like nothing more than to anoint and then rip it away. It truly was a matter of time before it happened. They are reacting in some of the same ways as anyone who has been in a similar situation. I'm in no way saying the way some of them are behaving is in any way acceptable, just that I understand why. When you've had nothing but love and adoration, you can't understand why people aren't feeling the same way anymore. The fall to earth is never as graceful as the rise to the top.

You can't figure out why people are upset with your gym? Do you selectively read posts here?

I'm sure you don't hold a lot of credibility with other people when you sit and defend things Smoed does and then hypocritically accuse others of doing the same things and how "vicious" those people are. It works both ways you know. And personally, I'm more inclined to listen to someone who can discuss these events without the double standard.

Smoed fuels their own fire. Smoed played their part in starting it, Smoed can end it.

Do you read my posts? Clearly you don't. I'm not a smoed apologist and I've stated several times that some of the kids need to knock it off. But if I don't hold credibility with people on this board, it doesn't matter to me. The people that know me know how I feel. That's good enough for me.

yeah, that "up and coming gym" as I so innocently and cluelessly phrased it, a long time ago

<still hanging head in shame> ;)

In your defense, GT and their successes are largely overlooked. They aren't apart of the "It" divisions and are rarely mentioned here in any kind of grand discussion. You have nothing to be ashamed of.

I still cringe at things I posted on Imisstheproxboards. That was over 5 years ago :p

In your defense, GT and their successes are largely overlooked. They aren't apart of the "It" divisions and are rarely mentioned here in any kind of grand discussion. You have nothing to be ashamed of.

I still cringe at things I posted on Imisstheproxboards. That was over 5 years ago :p

I think most of their medals are in level 6, so they tend to be overlooked.

I'm gonna say no to the first question. There's been a lot more that have medaled (New Jersey, Illinois, Maryland, South Carolina just to name a few) probably another 5-8 or so states have at least one medal

ETA: I was curious so states with medals (not in any order): Texas (63), Maryland (11), California (32), Tennessee (1), Florida (24), Georgia (25), New Jersey (18), Oklahoma (14), Indiana (2), North Carolina (22), Kentucky (19), West Virginia (1), New Hampshire (3), Arizona (3), Washington (2), Alabama (3), South Carolina (5), Wisconsin (1), Illinois (4), Nevada (2), Virginia (1), Louisiana (1), Utah (1)

Countries: China (3), Colombia (2), Canada (10), UK (2), Japan (2), Chile (1), Mexico (1), Norway (3), Thailand (3), Puerto Rico (1- not really a country though)

Some of my numbers are a little different than BlueCat's though, I just went off the Wikipedia page.

I could have sworn MA had one. But it looks like their bronze in IO6 in 2010 is being attributed to NH. Not sure if that team was out of the Salem (NH) or Tewksbury (MA) gym.

@quitthedrama you wouldn't happen to know would you? This was before your time.

I think most of their medals are in level 6, so they tend to be overlooked.
Most are level 5, but only 2 are from senior teams and that was 06 and 07, so a while ago, the rest are open teams. That probably has a lot to do with it as well.

Bottom line, kids are stupid. Kids are stupid on both sides of the fence. While I don't like what was said on either side, they are kids. They have little to no understanding about the impact of what they say, how they say and who they say it to. Does that mean they get to slide, no. Hopefully, though, it will make them learn. Adults on the other hand. There's no excuse for them. Adults are just as mean, and should understand the impact their words have. Though, in my experience, the adults are just as idiotic (if not more so).

As far as Smoed, and what has transpired. WE have put them on a pedestal (and by we, I mean cheer as a whole). They did not ASK to be put on a pedestal. Unfortunately, as is true time and time again, I think they started to believe their own hype. They got their own show, which was immensely popular and respected at first. They won Worlds numerous times. They went beyond Smoed and became SMOED. Like has happened many times before, the pedestal is a lonely, dangerous place. We like nothing more than to anoint and then rip it away. It truly was a matter of time before it happened. They are reacting in some of the same ways as anyone who has been in a similar situation. I'm in no way saying the way some of them are behaving is in any way acceptable, just that I understand why. When you've had nothing but love and adoration, you can't understand why people aren't feeling the same way anymore. The fall to earth is never as graceful as the rise to the top.
If anyone ever wants an incredibly interesting view of fame/entertainment from an insider, watch Lady Gaga's 60 minutes special. She's incredibly fascinating, and SMART. She talks about her whole Paparazzi performance where she dies on stage and is bleeding, and how it's a reference to how many people would be THRILLED if something horrible happened to her. Really interesting stuff.

@Cheermom1969 - I have to come to the defense of Cali and the whole Smoed squad I came in contact with last weekend... The whole weekend my daughter and I ran into the Cali teams and it may be because WC team room was close... We had a nice encountered with Marcy, she stopped us first asking for direction to the team room area and noticed what team she was on and praised my daughter for her performance that day. We then ran into Michael Eddie and he stopped and had a long chat with my daughter and wished her Good Luck and this just made her whole day and the next day, we were going down the escalator after celebrating in the Champion's Room and the whole Smoed squad was on the escalator going up and in front was Coach Eddie, he smiled at my daughter, congratulated her and the whole Smoed yell congratulation and was happy for her too. I definitely was left with great vibes...

Last edited:
Just curious. What's your excuse for Dylan being privately messaged that he was a faggot for leaving? Genuinely curious the justification on that one.
thats not even the word that was used. this isnt the first or even second time youve failed at this game of telephone youve played. if youre going to attempt to repeat something, at least be sure youre accurate, instead of erroneously painting someone as a potential homophobe.

I don't think Smoed is upset solely because of what people are saying about Lil Smo who took a nasty fall on social, I think they are upset about what people are saying about them and their performance this season in general. I am not justifying that what people are saying on social media is ok nor am I defending what people are saying about Smoed, but just a couple months ago, the same Smos who were making fun of and tweeting hurtful things about a teammate who left are now tweeting that they are hurt by some of the tweets they've seen about their team. And for that, I can't feel bad for those people. (And to clarify, I'm talking about a select few, not the whole team. Especially not Lil'Smo) Call me heartless but I don't. Now you know how it feels and maybe this will prevent you from saying mean things in the future. It doesn't feel too good when you're on the receiving end of the mean spirited tweets, huh? If you want to giveth, you better learn to receiveth. This includes the Cali coaches.

Why should kids be expected to "stay classy" when they're idols can't? Monkey see, monkey do.
Exactly what I was thinking. To the letter.

@Cheermom1969 - I have to come to the defense of Cali and the whole Smoed squad I came in contact with last weekend... The whole weekend my daughter and I ran into the Cali teams and it may be becausr the WC team room was near close... We had a nice encountered with Marcy, she stopped us first asking for direction and praise my daughter for her performance that day. We then ran into Michael Eddie and he stopped and had a long chat with my daughter and wished her Good Luck and this just made her whole day and the next day, we were going down the escalated after celebrating in the Champion's Room and the whole Smoed squad was on the escalator going up and in front was Coach Eddie, he smiled at my daughter, congratulated her and the whole Smoed was happy for her too. I definitely was left with great vibes...

Glad to hear you had a positive encounter. :)

Had I known your room was close to ours, I would have been over there fan-mommying over Shooting Stars! Love that team. I can't wait to see them at Champions League!
I only made it to the meeting room one time and was so dazed I didn't even see who we were near.

thats not even the word that was used. this isnt the first or even second time youve failed at this game of telephone youve played. if youre going to attempt to repeat something, at least be sure youre accurate, instead of erroneously painting someone as a potential homophobe.

You're absolutely correct, I should have consulted my images before typing to remind myself of the phrase used. What he actually sent wasn't faggot at all, it was "Fuccboi N****". At the time, I actually had to look up the definition of said slang because it was so far out of the realm of anything I'd read:
"A ***** *** n**** with no common sense that laccs good judgement and is constantly coming incorrect at REAL N*GGAS who will whoop them at a moments notice at any time and any place. Is also known to call the laws on a n**** therefore endowing them to a status of life long w***dom."

Courtesy of Urban Dictionary...

My apologies to the athlete in question, he is by no means a homophone...unfortunately what he is is so far worse. Again, my deepest apologies for confusing the two words.

You're absolutely correct, I should have consulted my images before typing to remind myself of the phrase used. What he actually sent wasn't faggot at all, it was "Fuccboi N****". At the time, I actually had to look up the definition of said slang because it was so far out of the realm of anything I'd read:
"A ***** *** n**** with no common sense that laccs good judgement and is constantly coming incorrect at REAL N*GGAS who will whoop them at a moments notice at any time and any place. Is also known to call the laws on a n**** therefore endowing them to a status of life long w***dom."

Courtesy of Urban Dictionary...

My apologies to the athlete in question, he is by no means a homophone...unfortunately what he is is so far worse. Again, my deepest apologies for confusing the two words.

Ahhh okay because that is SO MUCH BETTER. Thank god they corrected you on your total fabrication of the word used.
tumblr_n0j9shWtev1s8ghqso1_500.gif

Back