All-Star Nca Day 3 Updates (sunday)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Glad to hear you had a positive encounter. :)

Had I known your room was close to ours, I would have been over there fan-mommying over Shooting Stars! Love that team. I can't wait to see them at Champions League!
I only made it to the meeting room one time and was so dazed I didn't even see who we were near.
Girl, Not only was WC in this area, we had TopGun, Ace Warrior and I think, Spirit of Texas too, I noticed a lot of purple in the area. In the next corridor we had Stringrays and CEA...

Just curious. What's your excuse for Dylan being privately messaged that he was a faggot for leaving? Genuinely curious the justification on that one.
Who did that ? That's absolutely unacceptable. You can bet that if someone at Cali messaged that and the coaches new, they would no longer be at Cali. If you have specifics PM me.

You're absolutely correct, I should have consulted my images before typing to remind myself of the phrase used. What he actually sent wasn't faggot at all, it was "Fuccboi N****". At the time, I actually had to look up the definition of said slang because it was so far out of the realm of anything I'd read:
"A ***** *** n**** with no common sense that laccs good judgement and is constantly coming incorrect at REAL N*GGAS who will whoop them at a moments notice at any time and any place. Is also known to call the laws on a n**** therefore endowing them to a status of life long w***dom."

Courtesy of Urban Dictionary...

My apologies to the athlete in question, he is by no means a homophone...unfortunately what he is is so far worse. Again, my deepest apologies for confusing the two words.
My God....just shut up.

Who did that ? That's absolutely unacceptable. You can bet that if someone at Cali messaged that and the coaches new, they would no longer be at Cali. If you have specifics PM me.

He's still on SMOED and Tannaz knows. It came out when his father released all the e-mails and such. I won't blast the athlete now---I'm not even sure if he's a minor or not (I don't think so), but he was on the floor at NCA.

Lost-JinThumbsUp.gif

I have really tried to refrain from telling my personal "SMOED " experience but you are so unwilling to see how your team and their coaches behave that I feel it has become necessary. Last year at Worlds I had to make a business call. Obviously there are not many quiet places at WWOS, so I walked away from the arena area to find a spot where I could have a professional conversation. I happened to walk by the team. There were some non Cali people standing around obviously trying to get a look at their favorite team but when I walked by one of the coaches started screaming at me to get out and leave them alone. It was arrogant, rude and completely unacceptable. He did not own the place he was standing in and I was simply walking by trying to find a place to make a phone call.
I am willing to bet I am not the only one these coaches have spoken to in such a way. I am an adult and if he could be so rude to me I am sure he has been worse to others. Their sense of entitlement to tell people where to go and what to do along with their social media behavior has made many people, including myself, not feel bad for any of the backlash they are receiving (with the exception of the young flyer). It is strange to me that this group seems such the opposite of the rest of their organization. I have met some wonderful people from CALI and I think Tannaz represents herself as a class act. My kids are friendly with kids from other CALI teams and have done clinics and choreography with other coaches from CALI and love them.
I understand that you have a different experience with the SMOED athletes and coaches and I can appreciate that, but others have had quite the opposite experience. They get what they give and if they learn to act more appropriately towards their community I am willing to bet they would see a big difference in how they are treated.

"You are only responsible for being honest, not for someone else's reaction to your honesty."
I would be appalled and irritated if a coach treated me like that as well. That's totally uncalled for and out of line. Was it a Ventura coach ? I can't imagine it being one of them. I don't know a lot of the coaches since there are five gyms across three states. Behavior like that, especially from a coach makes the whole program look bad. Tannaz would not find that acceptable and I'm sorry you were subjected to that treatment. I can promise you that is not representative of how Cali believes people should be treated.

He's still on SMOED and Tannaz knows. It came out when his father released all the e-mails and such. I won't blast the athlete now---I'm not even sure if he's a minor or not (I don't think so), but he was on the floor at NCA.
You're kidding me. A returner ? I heard Dylan's Dad sent a letter out but never got any details. We were not in the gym at the time due to injury. That may have been why tighter restrictions were put in place. To be honest I'm surprised he was allowed to stay. He was sanctioned in some way you can be sure. I'll bet you never see anything like that out of him again. That's an awful thing to do to somebody. I feel terrible for Dylan to be treated like that. There's no excuse. I hope he at least apologized (though that in no way adequately makes amends). What are these athletes thinking when they behave like that ? No matter his age, he needs to be glad I'm not his mother.

I can promise you that is not representative of how Cali believes people should be treated.

That's the thing..it's great that your kids are respectful and the kids you know from the Cali program. But many posters here are giving evidence that we've seen smoed members and their coaches behave rather rudely on many occasions and you and the other Cali parent are getting upset about it. I get wanting to defend your gym but there is no excuse for that kind of behaviour. If smoed were real celebrities I'd still feel the same way about the way they carry themselves on social media.

We aren't saying that other programs have their share of athletes being rude and disrespectful on social media but from what I've seen myself not many other athletes from other programs come close to the level of disrespect and ignorance I've seen from Smoed, including coaches.

Interesting. According to a girl who used to cheer at Cheersport and now is on black ops all worlds teams are having a blackout period for all social media until worlds. No posting at all on any social media outlet.

That's the thing..it's great that your kids are respectful and the kids you know from the Cali program. But many posters here are giving evidence that we've seen smoed members and their coaches behave rather rudely on many occasions and you and the other Cali parent are getting upset about it. I get wanting to defend your gym but there is no excuse for that kind of behaviour. If smoed were real celebrities I'd still feel the same way about the way they carry themselves on social media.

We aren't saying that other programs have their share of athletes being rude and disrespectful on social media but from what I've seen myself not many other athletes from other programs come close to the level of disrespect and ignorance I've seen from Smoed, including coaches.
I think these athletes need to realize the responsibility that comes with celebrity. They have.been thrust into the limelight without looking at all that it entails. There is no anonymity for them and everything they do or say is now subject to scrutiny.

Can you enlighten me on what the coaches have said that is out of line ? PM me if you like. I believe what you say I just can't find out what was said and by whom. It's been mentioned a number of times in posts by people but nobody recalls the specifics.

Dear Lord Baby Jesus....please just make it stop. I think this subject has been discussed and examined and debated in enough threads already. Face it...nobody is perfect. Kids (and adults) do incredibly stupid things. 1000 lashes with a wet noodle and move on ;)
Thank you. For all your power and your grace. Dear Baby God. Amen.
(And please nobody take offense...I'm trying to lighten up this oh so important earth saving discussion with a bit of humor)

Really? You know my feelings now?
I simply pointed out that a poster, I felt, had a bad feeling about Cali/Smoed and I commented on it. So now that's turned into me being upset about people not being in love with the aforementioned gym/ team?
I don't like people twisting my posts into something they're not.

Interesting. According to a girl who used to cheer at Cheersport and now is on black ops all worlds teams are having a blackout period for all social media until worlds. No posting at all on any social media outlet.
I saw someone on Twitter asking why all Cali athletes were putting their stuff on private. Whatever the reason it's probably best for everyone, but I think not posting at all is a little excessive. I do a lot of things and cheer is just one of them.... I'd get it if they said nothing about cheer could be posted but nothing at all? Eek (not that social media is a necessity I can't live without, but I behave responsibly so I would find it unfair to be so harshly punished for someone else's actions)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back