High School Nca Hs Nationals 2017

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

So glad you posted this! I've seen Dracut & WH performances - I've been dying to see BR! Congratulations on a great season!
Thanks! We were a little perplexed by the day 2 judging. Not sure how I feel about going back next year :confused: Was a really cool experience having never been there before though.

Thanks! We were a little perplexed by the day 2 judging. Not sure how I feel about going back next year :confused: Was a really cool experience having never been there before though.

my team was also perplexed by our scores. Specifically stunt difficult. We had majority switched up to and extended position but was scored as a lower difficulty than switch up to prep level and then power press to extended level. Makes no sense. we will probably not be back. disappointed to say the least.

my team was also perplexed by our scores. Specifically stunt difficult. We had majority switched up to and extended position but was scored as a lower difficulty than switch up to prep level and then power press to extended level. Makes no sense. we will probably not be back. disappointed to say the least.

We had some stunt issues day 1, everything stayed up and no deductions but a late body position in one and a big bobble in the second stunt section. Jumps were also sloppy. Day 2 stunts were perfect and jumps looked better. Our raw score went up a whopping .2....the team that won had their raw score go up .9

Last edited:
We had some stunt issues day 1, everything stayed up and no deductions but a late body position in one and a big bobble in the second stunt section. Jumps were also sloppy. Day 2 stunts were perfect and jumps looked better. Our raw score went up a whopping .2....the team that won had their raw score go up .9
That's weird. I heard about similar scoring issues last year at UCA, with teams being given advice from judges to have more than 2 flyers doing elites in their pyramid, yet teams with only 2 flyers doing eliteso in their pyramids and similar difficulty were outscoring those who made corrections according to what the judges wanted.

That's weird. I heard about similar scoring issues last year at UCA, with teams being given advice from judges to have more than 2 flyers doing elites in their pyramid, yet teams with only 2 flyers doing eliteso in their pyramids and similar difficulty were outscoring those who made corrections according to what the judges wanted.
We had judges comments regarding arm motions in the jump section. Coach scheduled a practice Sunday morning and fixed them...not sure if our jump score went up or not. Doubt it given that our overall raw only went up .2. Just frustrating. I feel the same way about All Stars. There should not be much movement in a raw score but you see inconsistencies with it all the time.

you guys were amazing!!! maybe you scored low on dance? because everything else was borderline perfect

you guys were amazing!!! maybe you scored low on dance? because everything else was borderline perfect
Just found out dance score was 9.8. The top 3 were all great teams but I just can't see how the scoring added up based on the rubric and that makes me sad. Money, politics whatever you want to call it should not come into play when talking about High School Nationals. I get that All Stars is just a huge money machine but it shouldn't be the case with high school. Everyone is forced to qualify at camp next year so I hope that puts an end to some of the nonsense. For what it's worth we did not attend an NCA camp last summer.....:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back