High School Nca Hs Nationals 2017

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Maybe it's like when your parents tell you something, but you think it's just them saying it and disregard it until someone else comes in and confirms it..

That's High School cheerleaders.

Me: You need to keep your legs close in full ups, you need to keep your legs close in full ups, flyers, SQUEEZE YOUR FEET TOGETHER, Bases, stay close and throw straight up so flyers can keep their feet together, flyers, squz legs and pull up through core... (Get the idea)...

Anyone who comes in and helps them - flyers you need to work on squeezing your legs in full ups

2 weeks later - repeat me above

Every Score sheet since December: Legs wide in spinning skills.:banghead:

That's High School cheerleaders.

Me: You need to keep your legs close in full ups, you need to keep your legs close in full ups, flyers, SQUEEZE YOUR FEET TOGETHER, Bases, stay close and throw straight up so flyers can keep their feet together, flyers, squz legs and pull up through core... (Get the idea)...

Anyone who comes in and helps them - flyers you need to work on squeezing your legs in full ups

2 weeks later - repeat me above

Every Score sheet since December: Legs wide in spinning skills.:banghead:

SOOOOOOOOO TRUE!!!!!

An away 4 day camp or a home 2 day camp will not prevent or change bad technique. It has to be taught from the beginning and done with consistency throughout the whole season. The credentialing did not teach my cheerleaders better technique, it focused on how to be a better all around cheerleaders. Talked about safety yes, also about game day and rally roles, cheerleader expectations etc. The technique portion comes from repetition. Learning it the correct way at camp helps, but if not repeated at home it will not do anything. We personally go to another camp and then did a home camp with UCA to get the credentialing taken care of. It was expensive, but you have to play the game.
Could you explain some of the safety things they went over? I'm not a coach or an athlete so I can't get a first hand look at what goes on at camp but I'm interested to learn more (you don't have to go into tons of detail if you don't want to).

We only did a 2 day home camp. There were two UCA instructors that came to us. I don't remember every little thing, but overall this is what I can tell you. The safety portion talked about safe surfaces, safe practice environment. Always having a certified coach. Only performing skills your coach allows, using progressions, etc. They taught stunts and explained them to the girls. However, since there were only 2, they had a stunt group try something, and then they explained it. The credentialing part was going through a handbook.

We only did a 2 day home camp. There were two UCA instructors that came to us. I don't remember every little thing, but overall this is what I can tell you. The safety portion talked about safe surfaces, safe practice environment. Always having a certified coach. Only performing skills your coach allows, using progressions, etc. They taught stunts and explained them to the girls. However, since there were only 2, they had a stunt group try something, and then they explained it. The credentialing part was going through a handbook.
Like, a safety handbook?

Back