All-Star Nca Moving To Florida?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Cheer Obsessed

Cheer Parent
May 9, 2016
I heard that once the new arena is built at ESPN, NCA will be leaving Dallas and going to Orlando.
Has anyone else heard this?
I would think that would be rough on UCA since I can't imagine all those teams would want to travel to Florida twice so close to one another and pay all the fees that accompany that trip.

I really hope not, but since Varsity owns everyone, it's not out of the realm of possibility. I would be bummed if they moved NCA College Nationals to the new facility at ESPN WWOS. ☹️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would be shocked if NCA moved to WWOS. According to the Dallas Convention Center, their arena has a 9,800 seating capacity with 7,428 seats and room for almost 2,500 portable seats. The new Varsity arena being built at WWOS is expected to hold 8,000 (which is already too small to accommodate the large divisions at Worlds). It would make no sense for Varsity to host every major competition at the same location.

There is no economic incentive for them to do that. Between Texas (nca) and Georgia (cheer$port), they are able to get the most amount of gyms in for their national championship$.

Honestly, I am a bit surprised UCA is in Orlando. But I am sure Var$ity has their rea$on$.

I was talking at Summit and was told that this was in the works. I also know how rumors work lol which is why I thought I would ask here.
I for one love going to Dallas for NCA.

I heard that once the new arena is built at ESPN, NCA will be leaving Dallas and going to Orlando.
Has anyone else heard this?
I would think that would be rough on UCA since I can't imagine all those teams would want to travel to Florida twice so close to one another and pay all the fees that accompany that trip.

Well, I, for one, dislike going to Texas for NCA. The weather is so iffy. NCA is usually more money than Worlds (at least it has been the last 3 years) so I hope so.

Well, I, for one, dislike going to Texas for NCA. The weather is so iffy. NCA is usually more money than Worlds (at least it has been the last 3 years) so I hope so.

Maybe I'm just being selfish and like Dallas because it's gives me a chance to travel to more than just Orlando lol.
Just the tickets and all for athletes to do Disney and for spectators to get in gets costly.

Maybe I'm just being selfish and like Dallas because it's gives me a chance to travel to more than just Orlando lol.
Just the tickets and all for athletes to do Disney and for spectators to get in gets costly.
My hotel for Dallas (the Hyatt was 950 for 4 nights and my hotel for Worlds was $245-it was a 3 bedroom 3 bath condo and I stayed 5 nights) I didn't buy the parkhopper.

My hotel for Dallas (the Hyatt was 950 for 4 nights and my hotel for Worlds was $245-it was a 3 bedroom 3 bath condo and I stayed 5 nights) I didn't buy the parkhopper.

I do not feel like you are comparing these on the same level.

You picked one of the top 2 hotels to stay at in Dallas. So you are paying for the convenience of that hotel. Which there are plenty of way cheaper hotels around.

I have been 4 times, 3 of which I stayed for 109.00/ 119.00 a night at a decent hotel.

This year I did choose convenience and opt to pay more so I could be super close and stayed at the Aloft for 170.00 a night because I felt like it but I feel like you chose budget in Florida by getting the condo vs staying on property but then you chose to be first class at Dallas. So of course Dallas is more expensive.

For us taking travel out of it, our gym requires us to stay with the team on Disney property. So I'm paying close to 500$ for my stay, plus I'm being forced to share with another family (mom/daughter)! And if my daughter does not get a paid bid (every time we have have been she has but not all of our teams every year get paid), I'm doubling that price. So for 1000$ dollars I'm staying in Florida. Sure I get the park hoppers but this year we used 1 day, yes just 1 day. Totally not worth it.

I don't compare my Florida vs NCA accommodations, because they are not on the same level. Just as you choosing the most expensive hotel in Dallas and then staying in a condo which is a very common vacation choice in Florida so you are being able to do it on a budget. To me you are comparing apples and oranges.

I stayed with the team for Worlds and it was a very nice property. The gym got it for cheaper than what it usually is. There are just more options in Florida.

Back