All-Star Nca Nationals 2021

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

If only they could have moved NCA to that Indy convention center too. It just feels so weird to have the most prestigious competition of the regular season go virtual with people waiting around for 2 weeks to figure out how they placed, while other competitions are proceeding as normal. My friends in Florida have been competing at in-person competitions practically every weekend without any reported problems.

If only they could have moved NCA to that Indy convention center too. It just feels so weird to have the most prestigious competition of the regular season go virtual with people waiting around for 2 weeks to figure out how they placed, while other competitions are proceeding as normal. My friends in Florida have been competing at in-person competitions practically every weekend without any reported problems.
It feels like every major competition in IL, OH, and some from KY has been moved here! Not complaining though since I live so close :)

The most prestigious should of had a short time frame to video also......daughters team has 10 minutes from getting code tomorrow to video a routine. First one they have been able to do this season.

i dont know how you'd logistically be able to pull off nca in person right now, i mean how many teams registered to compete for nca this year, even with it going virtual... my opinion as to how they would have been able to pull it off in person, regardless of location is they would have had to stretch it out to probably multiple weekends, and only doing a few divisions at a time... but even that sounds like a long nightmare to go through with for a lot of people.

I was trying to decide whether to sign up for Varsity TV or not this weekend. I won’t be able to watch the full livestream because of the time difference but I noticed this on the website...

During the championship weekend, competition routine videos will be available to Varsity TV members, and they'll have access to those videos for the duration of their membership.

For all other viewers, competition routine videos will be available free of charge beginning five days after the event has concluded. After July 1st, these videos will only be available to Varsity TV members.

Does that mean all the routine videos will be available for free anyway from five days after the event? Assuming that will be with no music?

Also a bit confused between Varisty TV and Flo Cheer because it says that Flo Cheer Pro users get access to varsity tv too, so am I better signing up to FloCheer instead so I can watch Worlds as well? Help an international cheerleader out.

I was trying to decide whether to sign up for Varsity TV or not this weekend. I won’t be able to watch the full livestream because of the time difference but I noticed this on the website...

During the championship weekend, competition routine videos will be available to Varsity TV members, and they'll have access to those videos for the duration of their membership.

For all other viewers, competition routine videos will be available free of charge beginning five days after the event has concluded. After July 1st, these videos will only be available to Varsity TV members.

Does that mean all the routine videos will be available for free anyway from five days after the event? Assuming that will be with no music?

Also a bit confused between Varisty TV and Flo Cheer because it says that Flo Cheer Pro users get access to varsity tv too, so am I better signing up to FloCheer instead so I can watch Worlds as well? Help an international cheerleader out.

You can access FLO with your Varsity account. That is 90% of the reason I have VTV. I get it for Cheersport, keep it through Worlds and cancel it. If you want to watch Worlds, get it now. They do not allow you to subscribe for a month just to watch Worlds. If you wait til closer to Worlds or Worlds weekend, your only option is paying the full year up front.

Yes, competition videos are supposed to be free after 5 days, with no sound. But VarsityTV/FloSports hasn't always kept their word about unlocking the videos for all viewers after 5 days--- it took them about 8 days to unlock the Cheersport videos. I wish Varsity would find a different company to partner with than FloSports.

Yes, competition videos are supposed to be free after 5 days, with no sound. But VarsityTV/FloSports hasn't always kept their word about unlocking the videos for all viewers after 5 days--- it took them about 8 days to unlock the Cheersport videos. I wish Varsity would find a different company to partner with than FloSports.
Yes. And I wish that they could at least do what Cheematch has been able to do, keep airing music where the rights are not an issue. I don’t even know what the rationale is at this point for keeping them ALL silent. And when Varsity is airing events we can hear the music being played during the event so how is that any different?

Varsity TV and FloCheer are essentially interchangeable, you can access both with both accounts.

You can access FLO with your Varsity account. That is 90% of the reason I have VTV. I get it for Cheersport, keep it through Worlds and cancel it. If you want to watch Worlds, get it now. They do not allow you to subscribe for a month just to watch Worlds. If you wait til closer to Worlds or Worlds weekend, your only option is paying the full year up front.
Great advice :) thank you!

Yes. And I wish that they could at least do what Cheematch has been able to do, keep airing music where the rights are not an issue. I don’t even know what the rationale is at this point for keeping them ALL silent. And when Varsity is airing events we can hear the music being played during the event so how is that any different?
So someone can correct me if this is wrong. The reasoning given several years ago is that the music producer retains the rights to the music. The competition then has the rights to play it live at the competition, but the producer has to give them permission to use the music for any replay videos. It's like how in 2019, New Level/CMP gave permission for USASF to play their music over videos for Worlds, which is why those routines have music for Worlds 2019 routines on FloCheer.
I'm not sure what the difference is for CheerMatch. I was thinking since it's the gym's videos that it can have sound. I know I have seen videos from Varsity virtuals that have music, but not all of them. And it seems that after some time, that audio goes away.

In the past u could buy it for Worlds month...

So someone can correct me if this is wrong. The reasoning given several years ago is that the music producer retains the rights to the music. The competition then has the rights to play it live at the competition, but the producer has to give them permission to use the music for any replay videos. It's like how in 2019, New Level/CMP gave permission for USASF to play their music over videos for Worlds, which is why those routines have music for Worlds 2019 routines on FloCheer.
I'm not sure what the difference is for CheerMatch. I was thinking since it's the gym's videos that it can have sound. I know I have seen videos from Varsity virtuals that have music, but not all of them. And it seems that after some time, that audio goes away.

You summed it up correctly. It's funny, my husband and I were watching HGTV and we were noticing all the book spines turned in toward the wall and the pages were turned outward on all of their shelving. Evidently people thought this was a new trend, however, Jasmine Roth came out and said it was because of copyrights. It seems rather over the top, I can't imagine publishers coming for someone displaying their book(s), but according to her, it boils down to the entertainment industry not wanting to research and pay every artist or industry for copyrights/trademarks. It's one thing to get permission for a few things versus thousands according to her.

When it comes to CheerMatch, you can read their terms of service agreement <here>. It appears it falls under Vimeo's terms, which basically states the producer of the video must have copyright permission.

Copyright Policy
You may only upload content that you have the right to upload and share. Copyright owners may send Vimeo a takedown notice as stated in our Copyright Policy if they believe Vimeo is hosting infringing materials. We will, in appropriate circumstances, terminate the accounts of persons who repeatedly infringe.

Back