All-Star Nca Nationals Hotels

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

STP is actually not a racket, the way these big events work, I don't know who else has ever been involved in planning a large event but here is how it works when you have an event that has this many people attending:
The competition puts out a bid to the city or cities, as part of the bid they have to guarantee a certain number hotel rooms to be blocked and available for attendees and the event producer must promise to fill those rooms. They bid and negotiate costs such as facility rental, police and security, set up,labor, ads, promotions etc.

The only real way for both the city and the event to track the rooms and make sure the guarantee is met is through something like STP, otherwise we would end up paying a much higher competition fees in order to cover the real cost that go on for putting on an event this size.
I understand the economics of municipal-owned convention centers and the importance of filling hotel rooms to justify the existence of said convention centers. What is galling is being forced to use hotels that inflate their rates for STP events knowing that we literally have no other options. We attend other large events that do not require STP...heck, I pay less for 3 nights at Disney for Summit...even with the required Hopper passes included!!

Can we have another discussion on how stay to play sucks? Is NCA a stay to play?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes you gotta love the STP. Stayed at the Hyatt last year and it was not $399.00 a night and definetly not pay up front and non refundable. Although it says walkable once you've walked over 10 miles in the convention center your really ready to just Uber it. The Hyatt is a walk not as close as some say. This year I opted for the Hilton Doubletree Market Center at $169.00 a night. Yes it's an extra mile . 50 away. With that savings of over $200.00 a night.. (whoa just typing that makes my head spin,) I booked a $101.00 rental car with my Costco membership and I'm still ahead. And even better I'm sharing that &169.00 a night room with my best cheer friend. I am also still ahead if I take a $20.00 Uber a day both ways. The rooms st the Hyatt are by no means a $400.00 a night room. I learned last year that you can make Cheer as expensive as you want it to be or a little less expensive just depends on what your willing to make concessions on. Happy NCA planning!

I'm not sure about the inflation for STP. But I do feel that in general when there is a large event or an anticipated large travel period (like a holiday), rates tend to go up. However, given the size of STP events, you'd think there would be a better break. Large groups typically get a better deal (at least they are supposed to).

Another issue with STP is that those that have points or whatever aren't able to use them. As long as a room is booked, who cares how it's paid for.

Now all that said, we get to experience our first STP as we are going to NCA for the first time this year.

Another issue with STP is that those that have points or whatever aren't able to use them. As long as a room is booked, who cares how it's paid for.

You can get exemptions if you use points. We have families that do that and I booked one this year. Not NCA though but I would hope it is the same. I have seen it done in Atlanta and Charlotte.

You can get exemptions if you use points. We have families that do that and I booked one this year. Not NCA though but I would hope it is the same. I have seen it done in Atlanta and Charlotte.

Not all points work. I have points with my credit card and I was planning on using them for a free stay in Atlanta last year and I was denied with the reason that they were not points from the hotel.

Last edited:
Not all points work. I have points with my credit card and I was planning on using them for a free stay in Atlanta last year and I was denied with the reason that they were not points from the hotel.
I used the points that I earned for STP events to stay for free and take my daughter to The Majors last year.

Some travel reward credit cards have you pay the hotels but the "erase" the cost later when you have earned enough points. Individual rules vary but Capital One, Chase, Bank of America all have versions of this. Usually there is a bonus when you open the card of a few hundred dollars. I doesn't matter where you stay, as long as the hotel categorizes the charge as travel related (hotel, airfare, care rental, train, etc)

I'm guessing that this is how ChicagoCheerDad did the following:
I used the points that I earned for STP events to stay for free and take my daughter to The Majors last year.

I'm not sure about the inflation for STP. But I do feel that in general when there is a large event or an anticipated large travel period (like a holiday), rates tend to go up. However, given the size of STP events, you'd think there would be a better break. Large groups typically get a better deal (at least they are supposed to).

Now all that said, we get to experience our first STP as we are going to NCA for the first time this year.
I have been able to use hubbys work discount for hotels. Write for the exemption.

Do people actually pay that rate??? That's $1200 for ONE weekend. I think the parents in my program would walk out the door if I told them they had to pay that much for a hotel for one weekend.
Make a reservation and then call Connections Housing and ask to be put on a waiting list for the Omni. We had girls on our team able to switch their reservation the week of the competition last year for $199 a night, no minimum.

Make a reservation and then call Connections Housing and ask to be put on a waiting list for the Omni. We had girls on our team able to switch their reservation the week of the competition last year for $199 a night, no minimum.
There is no waiting list for the Omni. Last year NCA was longer so rooms were easier to get. My friend called today to be on a two bed wait list and there is no waiting list this year.

I have begun looking into the option of a mini bus to transport the team should we choose to stay further out. Some of the hotels I have looked at, appear to not have very much around them. Are there certain areas you would recommend over others? Do you have any recommendations for bus/shuttle options? Thanks for the feedback :)

Don't forget to call the hotel that you decide on and ask them if they have a van that they could make available for your athletes. If it is a short distance for dinner etc, sometimes they will do it for free- and they might do a longer distance for a fee.

Back