College Nca Nationals Question

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 15, 2009
I know that a few years ago Morehead State got in trouble by their school for allowing an athlete who graduated in December to compete at nationals in Jan. even though UCA said it was alright, my question is does NCA also allow athletes who have graduated this past December to take may next month for their school?

I checked out the rules and it says that each student must be a current full time student at their school with a minimum of 9 credit hours (which is odd since 12 is usually full time), BUT the line below it says that they must follow the school elegibility requirements.

So with that said if the school allows someone who graduated in December to remain on the team and cheer basketball games, making them eligible to be on the team, would they be allowed to take mat in Daytona next month?

http://nca.varsity.com/pdfs/college_sgb.pdf
Here is a link to the rules and what I am questioning is on page 35.

I am not sure, although I know that I have to turn in a second semester schedule for my team when we get to Daytona. A person who graduated in December would not have a schedule for me to submit, and I would assume they would not be eligible as they are not students. To me it makes sense if a basketball player graduates in December and is allowed to complete the season, since the season encompasses both semesters.

I am not sure, although I know that I have to turn in a second semester schedule for my team when we get to Daytona. A person who graduated in December would not have a schedule for me to submit, and I would assume they would not be eligible as they are not students. To me it makes sense if a basketball player graduates in December and is allowed to complete the season, since the season encompasses both semesters.

Yeah that is why the way the rule is worded is confusing because everyone has to turn in a schedule from the registar's office. I ask because I know of a team that is using at least 1 athlete that graduated in Decemeber but since I am not clear on the rule I don't want to scream "cheaters". I figured since it is allowed at UCA then it would be allowed at NCA but I am just not sure.

If you want to be certain you should contact Bill Boggs. I can understand UCA allowing students that graduated in December because the competition is less than a month after the end of the Fall semester. I would not be willing to bet that NCA has the same rules when the school year is almost over and there's plenty of time to revamp a routine and replace people. I know teams that don't even choose their nationals team until January.

Back