College Nca Nationals!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Yeah I know! Let ECU know that saint joe's said congrats they did well ! Our division was a mess we unfortunately didn't advance which stinks because we were hitting our routine in the weeks before Daytona! Hopefully we get to see them again next year!
Thank you so much ! I hope we get to see ya'll next year too!

Hit send before I finished. Whoops.

Getting a 7.9 in stunts or an 8.1 in a higher category but then getting hammered with .1 in execution or being successful with a 1.0. Then throw ok deductions.

People are attempting hard stuff because the scoresheet doesn't show them why something is bad.

And why college doesn't follow Allstar time and scoresheet (or just get rid of dance for the time thing) I have no idea.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I don't disagree w/ your logic/reseasoning. And obviously it works (for the most part) in the AS world. My belief is that you can separate out execution/difficulty all you want, but as long as the top range of the rubric REQUIRES unassisted stunts in college, WAY too many people are still going to attempt them.

The college rubric currently does not allow a team to "play it safe" when attempting to build a score in the stunt category...It's an all or nothing thing. Currenlty AS teams can still score in the top rubric range while using front spots, they may not score at the top end of the top rubric range but they still have the opportunity to score up there. An AS team using front spots would gamble on the fact that they could hit w/ near perfect execution while their competitors w/ out front spots would not...bringing us back to the value of separating execution/difficulty.

I don't diagree w/ your logic...just not sure if we would see the intended consequences in college.

Now...As to whether human nature of judges, fan buzz, Fierceboard "discussion", etc would ever allow an AS team using front spots on a majority of their stunts to ever win a major event is a discussion for a whole different thread...

The college rubric currently does not allow a team to "play it safe" when attempting to build a score in the stunt category...It's an all or nothing thing. Currenlty AS teams can still score in the top rubric range while using front spots, they may not score at the top end of the top rubric range but they still have the opportunity to score up there. An AS team using front spots would gamble on the fact that they could hit w/ near perfect execution while their competitors w/ out front spots would not...bringing us back to the value of separating execution/difficulty.

You can't compare front spots in all-star group stunts to college coed unassisted stunts. You don't score in the upper range with assisted coed stunts. Take level 6 for example, an assisted rewind won't get you in the top range. 10 unassisted toss extensions will score higher than a similar number of libs, with a few of them assisted. The worlds score sheet is pretty clear that quantity of unassisted stunts is more important than the difficulty of what you throw.

You can't compare front spots in all-star group stunts to college coed unassisted stunts. You don't score in the upper range with assisted coed stunts. Take level 6 for example, an assisted rewind won't get you in the top range. 10 unassisted toss extensions will score higher than a similar number of libs, with a few of them assisted. The worlds score sheet is pretty clear that quantity of unassisted stunts is more important than the difficulty of what you throw.

And I would argue that the worlds scoresheet/rubric has the same issue as we see in college. Why not give teams multiple ways to build a score? What is the obsession w/ "unassisted"?

I was simply using front spots as an example of the options that you have when building a score on the AS scoresheets. (Level 1-5) College teams don't have similar options avaialble. Its unassisted or nothing.

And I would argue that the worlds scoresheet/rubric has the same issue as we see in college. Why not give teams multiple ways to build a score? What is the obsession w/ "unassisted"?

I was simply using front spots as an example of the options that you have when building a score on the AS scoresheets. (Level 1-5) College teams don't have similar options avaialble. Its unassisted or nothing.

To put it bluntly, because a true partner stunt skill is harder then it's assisted counter part. The end. This push for tumbling has killed partner stunting, and pretty much alienates a large demographic of male that used to be a big recruitment source for college. Plus, partner stunts make more sense at the college level - a true coed toss lib line will be more impressive on the sideline then a bunch of stunt groups with male bases, no how many twists, snaps, and hair whips they do on the way up. Not to mention safer.

To put it bluntly, because a true partner stunt skill is harder then it's assisted counter part. The end. This push for tumbling has killed partner stunting, and pretty much alienates a large demographic of male that used to be a big recruitment source for college. Plus, partner stunts make more sense at the college level - a true coed toss lib line will be more impressive on the sideline then a bunch of stunt groups with male bases, no how many twists, snaps, and hair whips they do on the way up. Not to mention safer.[/quote

Plus so much more exciting to watch! My girl did 10 years of All girl flying....College Coed stunting is the ultimate thrill to watch! IMO

Plus so much more exciting to watch! My girl did 10 years of All girl flying....College Coed stunting is the ultimate thrill to watch! IMO

I was pretty close to going on to say that U. of Memphis is a perfect example of this - they recruited a bunch of old geezers like myself, and they really mollywooped everyone at UCA this year.

This push for tumbling has killed partner stunting, and pretty much alienates a large demographic of male that used to be a big recruitment source for college.

This was never more prevalent this year on the Large Coed teams that were competing.

Back