All-Star Nca Needs Bids?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Maybe when it gets closer to NCA, ASCheerMan will give us a spreadsheet of the schedule and we can crowd-source a google doc to keep up with scores during the weekend.

Why is it that EPs don't seem to give out many paid/partial paid bids to level 6 teams (correct me if this is wrong, I don't know much about the intricacies of US cheer!)

Why is it that EPs don't seem to give out many paid/partial paid bids to level 6 teams (correct me if this is wrong, I don't know much about the intricacies of US cheer!)
They aren't a very large percentage of the market. They are also typically older, college aged athletes which aren't the typical target customer for all star. They also tend to use different rules and different scoresheets.

(Not saying I agree, just giving the usual reasons I hear.)

Reactions: Ren
They aren't a very large percentage of the market. They are also typically older, college aged athletes which aren't the typical target customer for all star. They also tend to use different rules and different scoresheets.

(Not saying I agree, just giving the usual reasons I hear.)

Ok thanks, that makes sense I guess. I didn't know about the different scoresheets, I'll look at that one some more. I wonder if UK cheer will ever change to be like that because currently I think all of our level 5/6 teams have a majority of, if not all, open aged athletes.

ETA Possibly to do with the fact that they're IO teams, I'm not sure whether, if there were to be a senior (following US age grid) level 5 team in the UK, they'd be eligible for a bid to compete in worlds in a senior division, rather than IO.

IO5
Cougar Cheer Zeal
California Sparkle
Stealth Pink Lightning

IOC5
Champion Central Xplosion
5th Dimension
Woodland Elite Commanders
PCT Cobras
Gymtyme Black
Top Gun
Pacific Coast
Orlando Allstars
PCT Cobras is from Canada and has a partial paid bid already.

Teams who still need at-large and are attending NCA. I also included teams who are competing this weekend at bid events.

Small Senior
Cheer and Dance Express Ice
Cheer Tyme Obsession
Elite Cheer Inc. Stars
Kansas City Athletic Cheer Platinum (Competing this weekend at BATC)
Legends Athletics Envy

Small Coed
All-Star Revolution Freedom (Competing this weekend at WSA)
Cheer City United Titans (Competing this weekend at WSA)
Cheer Force One Black Ops
Cheer Intensity Extreme Lions
Cheer Strike Venom
Core Athletix Black Diamonds (Competing this weekend at BATC)
Pride Cheer Phoenix
Rock Solid Eternity

Medium Senior
Cheer Extreme Lady Elite (Competing this weekend at BATC)
Cheer Station Flyers
Matrix Allstars Electra (Competing this weekend at COA)

Medium Coed
Alaska Allstars Black Ice
GymTyme Platinum
Maryland Twisters Reign (Competing this weekend at BATC)
Trinity D&G
Ultimate Cheer and Dance

Large Coed
Charlotte Midnight

International Open 5
Cougar Cheer Zeal

International Open Coed 5
5th Dimension Allstars Fortune
Champs Central Xplosion
GymTyme Black
Orlando Allstars Nationals
Top Gun OO5

International Open 6
Twist and Shout Passion

So if there are 32 total bids (paid and at large), and there are 29 on this list that don't have bids yet, does that mean everyone going who is eligible will be getting a bid? That doesn't seem right...what am I missing?

So if there are 32 total bids (paid and at large), and there are 29 on this list that don't have bids yet, does that mean everyone going who is eligible will be getting a bid? That doesn't seem right...what am I missing?
Not necessarily, it is likely that some of the 8 paid bids will go to teams who already have an at-large or partial paid bid, which are not included in this list.

Not necessarily, it is likely that some of the 8 paid bids will go to teams who already have an at-large or partial paid bid, which are not included in this list.

Ok, that makes sense, but it still seems like pretty good odds of an at-large bid for those that don't have them yet! I saw the huge number of teams going to this competition and didn't realize so many already had some type of bid until I saw it listed out like this.

Ok, that makes sense, but it still seems like pretty good odds of an at-large bid for those that don't have them yet! I saw the huge number of teams going to this competition and didn't realize so many already had some type of bid until I saw it listed out like this.
So yeah only 5 teams will leave without at least an at-large bid, there are 24 at large up for grabs and 29 who need one. You wouldn't think it would be so easy to get a bid at such a huge nationals. :confused:

So yeah only 5 teams will leave without at least an at-large bid, there are 24 at large up for grabs and 29 who need one. You wouldn't think it would be so easy to get a bid at such a huge nationals. :confused:
It is because it is late in the season. If it were earlier, it would probably be among the hardest to get a bid.

As compared to last year when 39 teams had no bid going into NCA and I believe around 16 left without at least an at-large. So it is easier this year then last. Last year there were 114 teams in the worlds divisions, anybody have the count for this year?

And this number could potentially shrink with their being 3 bid competitions this weekend.

Create the thread and I'll get Shane to award subscriptions to Inside Cheerleading or Cheer Biz News. Please set the deadline as noon eastern on Friday
What do you think about everyone listing their top 8 & including what they think the "cutoff" score (the score of team #8) will be as the tie-breaker?

Back