SC: Rockstar Beatles
MS: Swooshcats
MC: Texas Cheer
MC: Gymtyme Platinum
MC: REIGN
IOC: Gymtyme Black
IOC: Top Gun
Cutoff: 94

These are basically guessed, but I might as well try!
PCM Fantasy (SS)
World Cup Suns (SS)
CA Swooshcats (MS)
USA Wildcats (SC)
Maryland Twister Reign (MC)
Gymtyme Platinum (MC)
Cali Sparkle (IO)
Gymtyme Black (IOC)

Cutoff Score: 94.0

question about the bids. so they're giving ALL division winners a full paid? including international? i thought international teams were rarely given full paid? or am i thinking level 6 rarely get full paid..

IOC- Top Gun
IOC- Gymtyme Black
MS- Swooshcats
MC- Reign
MC- South Elite
IO- Gymtyme Pink
SC- USA Wildcats
SS- PCM Fantasy

Cutoff: 93.75

question about the bids. so they're giving ALL division winners a full paid? including international? i thought international teams were rarely given full paid? or am i thinking level 6 rarely get full paid..
Level 6 rarely gets paid. Sometimes io5 doesn't, but they get paid much more frequently than level 6.

This year, if you win your L5 Worlds division, you get a paid bid if you don't already have one. They take ALL of the L5 Worlds teams that don't have a paid bid AND didn't win their division and rank them by score. They just work their way down that list until they have given away all 8. If you don't win your division, then it all goes by score.

Does the same panel judge all Worlds level 5?.... If going by score alone, every panel judges differently...I have seen both very high and low judging panels at the same comp.

Does the same panel judge all Worlds level 5?.... If going by score alone, every panel judges differently...I have seen both very high and low judging panels at the same comp.
They have multiple judging panels (3 I think), doing the worlds divisions. At other competitions I have also seen big variances between panels, but NCA seems to do a pretty good job. I don't remember hearing any complaints about scores being off between the different panels, has anyone had a different experience at NCA?

I believe that they make effort to keep the panels scoring as consistently as possible. In L5, there are paid bids and grand champion at stake, so there is reason to keep in fair. At other event, like Worlds, there is no need or attempt to compare scores between divisions. (They also have different judging criteria in different divisions.) That is partly why Worlds does not award or recognize a "grand champion".

Back