All-Star Nca Tips?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 24, 2010
This is my first year going to Dallas and all i have heard is there is a lot of walking and not very good food. Is there anything i should "prepare" for?

If you're competing on level 5, prepare for a LONG walk from warm ups to the arena. And prepare for a HUGE overwhelming warm up room lol

Just mentally prepare yourself:
Its going to be big and crazy. If you aren't preforming in the arena (level 5 and select other random divisions), you will probably be in either B or D hall which are back to back stages which is kind of weird at first, but its not any different than other competitions aside from more people everywhere. In warm ups there will be teams from several different floors and levels/divisions, so don't psych yourself out. The team you're next to may not be in the same division you are even if its the same gym. There will be crazy amazing teams there in all levels as well as all sorts of randomness going on at all times, so just focus on your team and your routine ultimately. The action never stops and you will never forget performing at NCA! You're going to have so much fun! Good Luck :) If you win, grab a streamer that falls from the ceiling for a keepsake!! And yes the haul to the warm up room and from the arena to the halls is looong (though similar to other huge nationals) and the food sucks. There aren't any restaurants aside from a mcdonalds a block down near the convention center either (they're all by victory park on the other side of Dallas) so bring some sandwhiches....

I had a mom ask me about NCA last weekend...I told her "pack to move". I carry a back pack that has everything I myself need for the day and the cp has her own pack. The comp takes up the whole Dallas convention center and the walk from D hall to the Arena is a million miles. NCA is like Disneyland, it's almost impossible to see everything you want to on Day 1. Last year we moved from the Arena to the dance comp numerous times on Day 1. On day 2 we camped out in the arena to watch all the teams in finals. There is 3 shopping areas, one at the entrance and then 2 in the "main drag". Lots of bounce houses in the mini/tiny hall. Refills are free on soda so save your cup from Day 1! The food is iffy, the dance hall had some good stuff, and there is a Starbucks but be prepared for a long line in the morning. Around the convention center has a bunch of really cool restaurants. One is called "richard's Last Resort", lots of fun and tailor they're service to the kids (those of you familiar with richard's know why).
I print out the schedule as soon as its out and highlight all the teams we want to see to try to catch as many as possible.

If you are going to buy t-shirt, sweatshirt, buy it early in case they run out of sizes. There are vendors that give away interesting things, so explore.

Texas weather is crazy so layer your clothing because it could be cold in the a.m. and then hot in the p.m.

Also if you have your list of popular teams to watch, get there early to grab a good seat.

One is called "richard's Last Resort", lots of fun and tailor they're service to the kids (those of you familiar with richard's know why).
I print out the schedule as soon as its out and highlight all the teams we want to see to try to catch as many as possible.

Haha wait, did you just change the name of the restaurant to be more appropriate?? I was like oh that sounds familiar... oh wait....

Any tips for coaches?? This is our first year going also!

There are tons of maps of the Dallas convention center. Just make sure your athletes and parents know exactly where to meet, etc., and direct them to the maps that will be provided. It can be overwhelming to those who have never been before.

Back