Need A Drill

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 14, 2009
I have an athlete that is just pulling her toes in front too much going into her tuck so it is launching her back so much. We are just having a hard time getting her to have her feet slightly behind her what are you best tips/drills for this. any help would be great thanks so much!

Seems to me like shes trying to get some extra power backwards from the toe (maybe from toe backhandspring?). Try to make her do a toe direct power jump - jumpingdrill for a tuck. Mark out an X on the matt and make her do it on that spot. When you're moving on to the tuck, make sure the previous is perfect = 10 times out of 10times. Continue with 1 toe tuck, 1 toe powerjump until she gets it. I've been trying that with good results.

Before moving onto back tucks make sure they can do three back handsprings in a row in rhythm and increase in speed on each one. After enough training on this drill, then the student should have a deeper knowledge of the rhythm of the back handspring. When the knowledge of the rhythm of a backhandspring is consistant and well ingrained in the mind, then it is easier to teach variants of the back hand spring such as a proper set for a back tuck.

The Pro Pedestal - Stunt Simulator , Home Page | The Pro Pedestal

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Back