High School Need To Buy New Signs

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

SLM

Cheer Parent
Dec 19, 2012
I need to buy three new signs, we want our mascot name on one side and a solid color on back. Three different colors one per sign. For those of you who have purchased two sided signs did you find it cheaper/better to order from an online source or to use a local sign shop?

I want them to be fair quality but our budget is also tight this year.

I've only ever used local sign shop. With four competitive high school cheer teams in our area, the most popular sign shop knows exactly what we want. I avoid shipping, and support local business. I've been luckily enough to get discount on signs as well in exchange for offering them an ad on a tshirt.

I work as a designer for a local sign/banner company. Little secret: it costs us about two-three dollars to make the sign. Less if you order in bulk, and that includes the labor wage (production guys can usually make one of these in two minutes). If you pay more than 20 per sign, you're getting ripped off. A lot of sign shops are locally owned and you could probably talk them down in price. It's worth a shot, especially since the profit margin is a little extreme for 17 cent per square foot vinyl and a dollar board.

I also recommend paying a little extra for "cast vinyl" if you're doing a solid color and you want the sign to last. A lot of local companies do their yard signs with "calendared vinyl" which will shrink over time and leave your solid color with an ugly white border.

Sorry for all the lingo lol

We used schoolpride.com! Decent prices for good graphics. They were super on it in terms of making sure we had out materials before competitions, and sending artwork before starting production.

Back