Needle Stretching!?!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 6, 2012
I have my scorpion but i want my needle!!! I have both leg splits all the way down but my back isnt as flexible. Any recommended stretches i can do to get my needle kind of fast?

I have my scorpion but i want my needle!!! I have both leg splits all the way down but my back isnt as flexible. Any recommended stretches i can do to get my needle kind of fast?
Needles aren't something you are certain to get within a week. But, a good stretch is to stand in a door frame, and place your standing leg heel on the edge of the doorway. Then slide your stretch leg up the wall as if pulling a needle. You'll know you're doing this right if you feel it slightly in your legs, and your back. If not, try to stretch your back up higher.

sorry, didnt remember to see what others had posted. you can also lay 2 steps up and then put your hands on the ground and try to put your hips on the ground too. You will feel it in your hips and lower back.

my tips is that you should have your coach pull your leg straight until it is straight. my friend tryed it and it worked.:)

If you skip to 0:16, there is a 'waist' stretch. This really helped me get my needle, i hope it helps you too.:)

I have my straight leg and i got it in 2 weeks by doing this every day. I had my friend stand on a mat and i hugged her waist she would then grab my scorpion leg and pull and ho,d for 2min. Its important to do this to both side otherwise one side will become more flexible then the other.

Back