OT Network For Performance Sports

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Sep 7, 2012
Hi guys I have a question for everyone. How would you like to see a network (similar to ESPN) which focuses on performance sports? (i.e. Sports that are judged: cheer, dance, acrobatics and tumbling, figure skating, diving, etc.) We all complain about the coverage we get of competitions, and when you think about it, performance sports in general are under-covered. I feel like if we were to change that, us as sports will have to stand together to get our sports out in the media more. We are unique in the fact that not everyone can do what we can do, and so I feel like more coverage will lead to more respect as an industry. Anyway, please let me know what you all think of this idea and any suggestions are welcome!

I don't think cheer is large enough for it's own network. Not in it's current form.
But, this was considering a network for all judged performance "sports".

The network could do like the NFL or golf networks and show old stuff if there isn't anything current to televise.

I could see this being viable as a part of a sports/entertainment package.

But, this was considering a network for all judged performance "sports".

The network could do like the NFL or golf networks and show old stuff if there isn't anything current to televise.

I could see this being viable as a part of a sports/entertainment package.

Maybe, but I'm still not sure it's wide enough to be viable.

I'm just worried it would be all ice skating all day. That's what gets the most prime airtime up here in the winter (aside from regular league sports like NHL/NFL). Every Saturday night all winter long

Back