New Air Track Company Looking For Some Opinions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 6, 2019
Hey everyone, this is my first post here.

I just stumbled across this forum as I was searching for gymnastics forums online. We have been selling gymnastics air tracks for about the last year and have had a lot of fun doing it.

When we first got into the space, because our experience/background was in gymnastics, that is all we were focusing on, however on instagram we were recently contacted by a lot of people in the competitive cheer space.

So here is what I am wondering - is the crossover for a gymnastics air track super easy with cheer? Or would there be certain modifications that would be helpful for us to create an air track specifically for cheerleading?

Thanks in advance! Looking forward to hearing from you :)

Tyler,
CEO, Gymtastic Supplies

I think crossover would be easy. One thing is cheerleaders would need a track wider than one that simulates beam training for a gymnast. They also either need a longer track for certain training or the ability to velcro two tracks together for longer passes. Also a landing pad /square track is a must have. Good luck.

I think for home purchase no difference. Many cheerleaders (including my own) have various size air tracks for the home. Our gym has a long air track no different than what a cheer gym has.

How long of an air track did you all purchase? I am getting one as well very soon for at home. Curious to see what I need vs. what I think I need.

How long of an air track did you all purchase? I am getting one as well very soon for at home. Curious to see what I need vs. what I think I need.

My daughter's air track is 16 or 17 feet (not sure). Honestly, it isn't really long enough to do what she needs to do.

I can't offer any input to your actual question, but there is a facebook page called crazy moms of cheer or something like that and they want to buy all the things - air tracks are a very popular item with that group, so perhaps you can join and advertise (only on Sundays) and offer promotions like a free posh pony with purchase. As a bonus you may be highly entertained/horrified by the posts :p

I can't offer any input to your actual question, but there is a facebook page called crazy moms of cheer or something like that and they want to buy all the things - air tracks are a very popular item with that group, so perhaps you can join and advertise (only on Sundays) and offer promotions like a free posh pony with purchase. As a bonus you may be highly entertained/horrified by the posts :p
OMG, crazy moms of cheer? I mean I know there are plenty of them, and I have met quite a few but I'm almost afraid to look there BUT I might just to see what they say about the air tracks for my own research. I have to get one ordered soon or I'm in trouble from my cheerleader, lol!

I think a lot of the discussion that used to be here, has moved to the crazy moms of cheer on FB. The group has over 7,000 members. I suspect that most of the moms keep themselves in check because it is facebook and not as anonymous as here. But there are for sure, many entertaining posts. One of my recent favorites was a thread about making kids remove their shoes when they use the restroom because poop germs get on them and if a kid is a flyer then the then bases touch the "poop shoes"

Thank you for the tip :)

Just to give input based on our customer feedback . . . typically air boards (3ft) are good just for landing pads for very basic/beginner practice, however they are sometimes used in a stack on top of an air track to help teach back walkovers etc.

10ft air tracks are great for younger kids (6-8 yrs old) who are serious about improving, but don't offer much room for doing a full pass or linking parts of a pass together. 16ft is great for starting to link moves in a pass together, and 20ft is by far our most prefered by serious gymnasts and cheerleaders as it is about 1/2 the length of a gymnastics floor, giving room to do almost a full pass (after starting your run off of the air track)

OMG, crazy moms of cheer? I mean I know there are plenty of them, and I have met quite a few but I'm almost afraid to look there BUT I might just to see what they say about the air tracks for my own research. I have to get one ordered soon or I'm in trouble from my cheerleader, lol!
Haha #Savethecheerleadersavetheworld

Back