All-Star New Basket Rules For College Cheer Are Making A Lot Of People Angry...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Are college teams allowed to compete at USASF competitions under Level 6?
There are usually a few each year at Cheersport that usually compete in either Open 4 or Open 6. Probably other ones too, but that one stands out as a big one.
GymTyme has been doing it for years.
Ehh, they're under an allstar gym so it's not entirely the same thing. I know what you mean though.

i heard today that the all girl scoresheet for college will be changing so baskets will be included in stunts (similar to how the dance is included under a diff section instead of its own now). guess we shall see how many baskets even get thrown

i heard today that the all girl scoresheet for college will be changing so baskets will be included in stunts (similar to how the dance is included under a diff section instead of its own now). guess we shall see how many baskets even get thrown

Similar to the way they managed to convince high school teams to stop throwing them altogether. No reason to do so now.

My crooked nose and dental bill from college are happy to see them mostly disappearing. No complaints here

So what you're saying as a male you also have been injured in some form or way by a basket toss. You mean your penis didn't save you or teeth/nose? So in actuality these rules have no real basis and are just sexist and discriminatory, cool story bro.

So what you're saying as a male you also have been injured in some form or way by a basket toss. You mean your penis didn't save you or teeth/nose? So in actuality these rules have no real basis and are just sexist and discriminatory, cool story bro.
I've been injured in every format of every skill in cheerleading. bringing my genitals into this conversation is gross. and not sure why you're being rude to me either

I've been injured in every format of every skill in cheerleading. bringing my genitals into this conversation is gross. and not sure why you're being rude to me either

Mine has saved me a time or two and kept me from being injured.

Reproductive organs is simple anatomy, not exactly sure why this is offensive but okay. My intention wasn't to be rude but only to illustrate how silly this rule is but I'm pretty sure you got my point and are simply attempting to deflect from my point. Genitalia matters in this conversation because it is the ONLY factor that dictates who is allowed to do what.

Reproductive organs is simple anatomy, not exactly sure why this is offensive but okay. My intention wasn't to be rude but only to illustrate how silly this rule is but I'm pretty sure you got my point and are simply attempting to deflect from my point. Genitalia matters in this conversation because it is the ONLY factor that dictates who is allowed to do what.
but you're being facetious and ignoring actual scientific fact about the male body limits vs the female body. you're ignoring anecdotal and physical proof of those differences if you watch coed baskets and all girl baskets and think 'yea they're the same'

i get it, the rule change feels discriminatory. baskets are going to the wayside as a skill anyways so this isn't much of a loss for the sport in general. i urge you to write an email to aacca, uca, and nca about how you feel regarding these rule changes, venting to me about genitalia doesn't do anything. i'm just a coach on a message board sharing my opinion

but you're being facetious and ignoring actual scientific fact about the male body limits vs the female body. you're ignoring anecdotal and physical proof of those differences if you watch coed baskets and all girl baskets and think 'yea they're the same'

i get it, the rule change feels discriminatory. baskets are going to the wayside as a skill anyways so this isn't much of a loss for the sport in general. i urge you to write an email to aacca, uca, and nca about how you feel regarding these rule changes, venting to me about genitalia doesn't do anything. i'm just a coach on a message board sharing my opinion

What proof?? Where is this proof people keep talking about?!
We’re all just relying on anecdotal evidence because they haven’t shared with us any evidence either way.

What proof?? Where is this proof people keep talking about?!
We’re all just relying on anecdotal evidence because they haven’t shared with us any evidence either way.
Here is the physical with your own eyes type of proof: New Basket Rules For College Cheer Are Making A Lot Of People Angry... | Page 2 | Fierce Board - The Voice Of Cheer

But data wise, I am not sure and would love to find out more specifics on which data sets were used to determine, that would be interesting for sure. But it won't do much I'm afraid, they aren't going to go back on their word this year at least.

Like others are guessing, it seems to be an insurance thing which could explain why no data was given to back it up. Not sure.

Here is the physical with your own eyes type of proof: New Basket Rules For College Cheer Are Making A Lot Of People Angry... | Page 2 | Fierce Board - The Voice Of Cheer

But data wise, I am not sure and would love to find out more specifics on which data sets were used to determine, that would be interesting for sure. But it won't do much I'm afraid, they aren't going to go back on their word this year at least.

Like others are guessing, it seems to be an insurance thing which could explain why no data was given to back it up. Not sure.

...the bottom line is:

Stomping your feet, pouting, screaming, yelling, blaming, writhing around on the floor, demanding “why, why, why?” and crying like two year olds that just want mom to buy the frosted Cocoa Puffs in the cereal aisle isn’t going to change the rule for the next 365 days.

It probably won’t change the rule much for the next 730 days. Two years from now, you’re likely to see a sharp change in one direction or the other. Either “oops, we can start to put some of these back in” or “man, we were right, and now they’re all gone for good.”

Back