All-Star New Changes - Divisions For Worlds

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

If the *World* championships are truly about worldwide participation, then IMO #3 in your list is the only relevant one. The United States does not need help retaining kids or growing programs. The only thing the United States needs help with is to stop pricing-out their families and driving down participation numbers.

I don't hate non-tumblers. If this were an ICU division addition I would be in full support.

I would also be in more support if USASF/Varsity was honest and instead said, "Hey, with Worlds, Summit, and D2 Summit, we're contracted for three full weeks on Disney property and we need to bring in more revenue on our "off" days - enter "International" Summit divisions on the weekdays before Summit and, I can almost guarantee, an extension of Worlds into more weekdays because there's too many divisions." At least it would be honest.

You make a great point. Cp just came off of her third knee dislocation (front walkover) at a cost of $1260. Tumble privates at $1925 to correct bhs technique and start learning a running tuck. Her first knee dislocation (cartwheel half turn) needed surgery and PT at $3600+. Medical bills and tumble privates have been the most costly part of both of our cp's cheer years and NT IS a great way for cheer in the US to stop pricing out many athletes that want to, but can't afford the medical risks long term or financially. The average individual healthcare deductible is now at $4358 and family is at $7983, that's the true elephant in the room when it comes to youth and adult sports in the US.

As far as being World's worthy, there are plenty of sports in the Olympics that people debate if they should be there, or not. Rock, broom and ice, who would have thought? I guess I don't understand the resistance. Lifting and throwing people is pretty impressive to me, with or without the tumbling.

Why at a "kids" competition?

They're all 'kids' competitions. The vast majority of athletes are minors; whether it be The Summit or World's, it's not like you have to be 18 to attend World's.

I agree that non-tumbling doesn't belong at World's and I do think the Summit is a good place for Open 4.

They're all 'kids' competitions. The vast majority of athletes are minors; whether it be The Summit or World's, it's not like you have to be 18 to attend World's.

I agree that non-tumbling doesn't belong at World's and I do think the Summit is a good place for Open 4.
I'd rather compete at Worlds with 12 year olds then compete at Summit with 8 year olds.

Why would adults want to compete at a championships where a VAST majority of athletes are minors/kids??
I remember asking a similar question years and years ago in my first month or so on the boards and getting a severe keyboard lashing from DJ for even having asked that question.

Now that cp has aged out, and I see many athletes we know who want to continue on in allstars, I can honestly say why shouldn’t they want to continue to compete at this level? To each their own, and if they have the means and skills (and their bodies are not old and broken yet) then I say let them enjoy doing what they love.

I remember asking a similar question years and years ago in my first month or so on the boards and getting a severe keyboard lashing from DJ for even having asked that question.

Now that cp has aged out, and I see many athletes we know who want to continue on in allstars, I can honestly say why shouldn’t they want to continue to compete at this level? To each their own, and if they have the means and skills (and their bodies are not old and broken yet) then I say let them enjoy doing what they love.
If there happy with it, that's all that matters ig.

I'd rather compete at Worlds with 12 year olds then compete at Summit with 8 year olds.
With the addition of open 4 there would be plenty of other athletes within the older age range if you wanted to be around others your age

Last edited:

But if you were in the Open 4 division you would be competing against other teams in that division that are 14+ not against 8 year olds. So should that division not be offered a end of year championship in your opinion?

I just do't see how O4 is at Summit while 5.0 is at Worlds. Why have a core aspect of cheer not showcased at Worlds while O4 has a core aspect & it's showcased at Summit. IMO, I'd rather have O4 at Worlds & 5.0 at Summit.

I just do't see how O4 is at Summit while 5.0 is at Worlds. Why have a core aspect of cheer not showcased at Worlds while O4 has a core aspect & it's showcased at Summit. IMO, I'd rather have O4 at Worlds & 5.0 at Summit.
because its level 4. In that case why don't we let Senior 4 go to worlds? R5? Just because it's an open team, doesn't mean they get to go to Worlds.

Back