All-Star New Changes - Divisions For Worlds

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I mean personally, I think it depends on the team culture of the IO4 team. Some might draft highly competitive teams & they compete to win & if I was on one of these 'competitive teams' I would absolutely be for-competing at summit. Like people mentioned above, how is it different than me competing at a local competition on an IO6 team with a Tiny teams?

Now if the IO4 team was more of a 'beer league' which I feel like it has the potential to become... I don't think summit (or worlds to be frank) is something I would want to attend.

All around - I don't think IO4 should be at worlds.
I think Lv5 NT is appropriate in an ICU and/or international division at Worlds. I think it provides an excellent opportunity for older athletes and/or injured athletes & to be honest, the quality of stunting would probably be quite significant in this division.

I mean personally, I think it depends on the team culture of the IO4 team. Some might draft highly competitive teams & they compete to win & if I was on one of these 'competitive teams' I would absolutely be for-competing at summit. Like people mentioned above, how is it different than me competing at a local competition on an IO6 team with a Tiny teams?

Now if the IO4 team was more of a 'beer league' which I feel like it has the potential to become... I don't think summit (or worlds to be frank) is something I would want to attend.

All around - I don't think IO4 should be at worlds.
I think Lv5 NT is appropriate in an ICU and/or international division at Worlds. I think it provides an excellent opportunity for older athletes and/or injured athletes & to be honest, the quality of stunting would probably be quite significant in this division.
I would rather have NT at ICU than Worlds.

I kind of wish it was a level 6 NT instead of 5. A lot of foreign countries preference level 6 over level 5 and I think it would make sense that if you’re making a division that focuses on pyramids/stunts that it should be the most elite level of pyramids and stunts. Like if they’re going to make a division for specialty athletes make it an elite level specialty.

You wouldn’t make an all tumbling division called team tumble and then make it level 4 tumbling, you know?

Question about NT:
What do they count as tumbling? Can you do a cartwheel as a transition, what about a dive forward roll? Do handstands count?
What about stunts that involve tumbling? Can you do a cartwheel/back handspring up? Can you roundoff rebound into a stunt?

We haven’t been given any guidelines or guidance yet for the NT division.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I kind of wish it was a level 6 NT instead of 5. A lot of foreign countries preference level 6 over level 5 and I think it would make sense that if you’re making a division that focuses on pyramids/stunts that it should be the most elite level of pyramids and stunts. Like if they’re going to make a division for specialty athletes make it an elite level specialty.

You wouldn’t make an all tumbling division called team tumble and then make it level 4 tumbling, you know?
IASF released a few days ago and it’s essentially level 1 tumbling. From the IASF NT scoring guide:
• Tumbling: Tumbling is not allowed. The following exceptions are allowed for stunting purposes. No tumbling score will be given for the following exceptions.
Exceptions: forward rolls, handstands, cartwheels and round-offs are allowed.

ETA: sorry, quoted the wrong post but can’t figure out how to change it on my phone!

IASF released a few days ago and it’s essentially level 1 tumbling. From the IASF NT scoring guide:
• Tumbling: Tumbling is not allowed. The following exceptions are allowed for stunting purposes. No tumbling score will be given for the following exceptions.
Exceptions: forward rolls, handstands, cartwheels and round-offs are allowed.

ETA: sorry, quoted the wrong post but can’t figure out how to change it on my phone!

Weird, so back handspring ups no but front handspring ups and cartwheel ups yes?

Weird, so back handspring ups no but front handspring ups and cartwheel ups yes?

Is a BHS up really tumbling since you never complete the BHS (feet don't come back to the ground) before mounting the stunt? I always just considered it an inversion mount, but who knows what IASF thinks

Can someone confirm for me, if there is an Senior 5 Worlds Team with 16 girls, will they have the option of competing XS or Small, or will they have to compete XS based on the Age/Rules Grid and number of athletes increasing to 16 for the 2018-19 season. Do they have an option?

Back