All-Star New "cheer" Program

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Is there a list somewhere of which Colleges offer STUNT or NCATA? Out of those two which one has more teams / is more popular?
The USA Cheer website (usacheer.net) and the Acro and Tumbling website (thencata.org) should have the most up to date info for STUNT and Acro and Tumbling, respectively. I think STUNT has more schools participating but Acro and Tumbling seems to have more support by the schools as an actual sport.

ETA: Acro and Tumbling currently has 12 schools while STUNT had somewhere around 24 teams competing last season. Acro and Tumbling teams are completely separate from their schools cheer team while STUNT teams usually are the schools cheer team.

Last edited:
I could be wrong, but they couldn't have cheer considered a sport under the traditional format of cheer it couldn't be sport? Aside from eliminating some of subjectivity, it is also to create rules and uniformity.

I could be wrong, but they couldn't have cheer considered a sport under the traditional format of cheer it couldn't be sport? Aside from eliminating some of subjectivity, it is also to create rules and uniformity.
Yeah, that's why STUNT was created. One of the higher-ups in the STUNT world pretty much said themselves that current competitive cheer (at the college level) doesn't really make a sport. You travel hours once a year to compete against a bunch of teams and you only compete for essentially 2:30 minutes, all at different national competitions. So now we have STUNT. Though a part of me feels like it was also created so the big V could keep a hold on the possible future of competitive cheer because Acro and Tumbling was starting to gain notoriety... But that's none of my business....
As a disclaimer, I participated in STUNT. It was fun, it was different, I enjoyed it, but there are definitely parts that I think could be executed better.

Back